Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

. . . but what do you miss from your old car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say I'm surprised a car this 'advanced' doesn't come with a HUD

I think it would have been a much better way to spend time: designing and building a HUD for all models rather than Falcon Wing Doors for just one

I guess I miss Homelink too

and the turning circle isn't the best I've ever had

I came from a 2008 Jeep Wrangler which didn't have much. I did like buttons for mirror adjustment, if I change seat position on a trip the mirrors usually need to be adjusted. Although the jeep didn't have it; I think a button for folding mirrors would be a good addition to the auto fold selection. I preferred the Dumb cruise control in the jeep so no Phantom braking. Since there was no warning systems in the jeep the mirrors were large making lane changes safer; Tesla's system is useless. I thought the Tesla glass roof sounded cool, but it really only lets in heat from the sun, cold from the winter air and adds weight to reduce possible range. For wipers he jeep only had buttons and which Tesla's auto wipers work somewhat additional manual controls/buttons would better. The wipers don't always come on when needed and sometimes take a swipe when not needed - windshield is dry. My radio had XM and an aux jack to plug devices into the system. If Tesla had an AUX jack I could plug my portable XM into the system.
If Tesla would fix the things that don't work well I wouldn't miss some of those items.

using the phone as a key has proven a little iffy for me. There have been quite a few times when it's been noticeable by its absence so to speak

I have a quick key setting to go in and out of airplane mode and that seems to fix it, but it's still a PitA

...and I don't keep the application open. That's not necessary

360 birds eye view camera
Built in Sirius XM
Apple CarPlay
Ambient lighting in the doors/dash
Light up exterior door handles
Kick to open tailgate
Auto leveling adaptive LED headlights
3 level heated steering wheel that gets extremely toasty

What I don’t miss:
Frequent visits to the place that has rubber hoses with big huge numbers, smells, but bright lighting.

That’s a huge list of what I miss. Damn, why did I buy a MY.

• Informative
Reactions: sckor
I miss the burbles/turbo sound and exhaust note from my BMW M2 Competition. But nothing else. I surprisingly though I'd miss a lot more than I do, but the Tesla is honestly the best drive for most scenarious on the road that I encounter. Including a bit of spirited driving. I don't have the phatom breaking issues or the key access problems a lot of others have. Mine does have some quirks that have come up though, but nothing worse/as bad as the issues I've had in new ICE vehicles. I'm very happy with my Tesla purchase.

Reactions: gt2690b