Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buttershrimp's FSD Coast to Coast Event- "Ride or Die"

Are you in?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our next drive (in August) will be Jacksonville, FL to San Diego, CA. I realize this is an up-hill drive from East Coast to Left Coast, but our Model S 75D made it last year, so I am sure it will make it this year. I am tempted to drive to Jax Beach and run to the ocean to get my feet wet first, then drive to San Diego to the end of I-8 and get my feet wet at Ocean Beach. This would truly be a Coast to Coast drive in this case. However, I am sure my wife would put a stop to this if she knew. This stunt would add up to 2 hours to our trip. I would say, "Where is your sense of Adventure". and then I would say, "Yes, Dear. You are Right, I am Wrong, and I am sorry."

Last year we went I-10W, then cut north to Shreveport, LA and I-20W, then north again at Dallas, TX to Oklahoma City, OK and I-40W.

This trip we still are afraid of West Texas I-10 and the Fort Stockton sink hole, so will take I-10W to I-75N to I-20W. Even though there is a gap at Pecos, TX at least it is 40 miles less than the gap at Fort Stockton (and if we want extra buffer we can stop at the Best Western in Pecos and plug into the HPWC for an hour or so while we eat and rest).

Keep our fingers crossed (and toes, knees, ears, and anything else we can think of) and we will be able to make the entire trip on I-10 next year.

At least we can have confidence that the Fort Stockton Supercharger will be long built, and well used, prior to the FSD, Coast to Coast trip.

What do you guys think of starting the event with a Falcon Heavy Launch once FSD is active? That way we'd have a starting place and a starting date depending on launch windows. Then, we could coordinate events.... New Orleans...., Austin... Vegas.... then end at the boring tunnel in LA. I can plan the Austin party, maybe get Willie Nelson to show up. I don't know..... just some thoughts.

What do you guys think of starting the event with a Falcon Heavy Launch once FSD is active? That way we'd have a starting place and a starting date depending on launch windows. Then, we could coordinate events.... New Orleans...., Austin... Vegas.... then end at the boring tunnel in LA. I can plan the Austin party, maybe get Willie Nelson to show up. I don't know..... just some thoughts.

Why not eventually add Boca Chica to the route, unless you might be afraid of BFR RUD?

This sounds amazing! Great idea BS! If I can get off work, I’m in!!!

Get off work??? By the time FSD is finally released you will be retired already!!! ;)

When??, where's the map of travel?, are you coming through Oregon?

This will happen SOON, VERY SOON. I AM EXPECTING MY MODEL S 75D WITH AP2 TO HAVE THE FSD BE READY FOR DOWNLOAD ANY DAY NOW. o_O

When we do get that download I am ready to start. I plan to us any of the new San Diego Superchargers that works for me to charge up to 100%, drive to Ocean Beach so I can touch my foot in the Pacific Ocean, then head east on I-8 to I-10 at Casa Grande, AZ, then I-10 east all the way to Jacksonville Beach, FL, where I will once again touch my food in the Atlantic Ocean. Trip done.

Next I will head down to Key West, FL where I will find the Southernmost spot I can find, then start my trek north up I-95 and beyond to get to the Northernmost spot on the Maine coast.

Next I will head west on the Northernmost route to the Pacific again in Washington, as close to Canada as I can get before heading south on I-5 back down to the Mexican Border at San Diego.

Now, that will be the trip of a lifetime.

FWIW, My P3D is still pending, seemingly they have not yet produced them with the black interior. Her nam has been changed to Cerisinha ("little Cerise" in Portuguese). There is also a possibilty that the trans-Canada part fo the trip might change for the official Eastern terminus of St. John's, NF
https://transcanadahighway.com/Newfoundland/StJohns.asp
Whether the entire trip can all happen this years depends on how soon Cerisinha makes her appearance. Now that Free Supercharging has happened the trip will be a trifle cheaper.

Get off work??? By the time FSD is finally released you will be retired already!!! ;)

This will happen SOON, VERY SOON. I AM EXPECTING MY MODEL S 75D WITH AP2 TO HAVE THE FSD BE READY FOR DOWNLOAD ANY DAY NOW. o_O

When we do get that download I am ready to start. I plan to us any of the new San Diego Superchargers that works for me to charge up to 100%, drive to Ocean Beach so I can touch my foot in the Pacific Ocean, then head east on I-8 to I-10 at Casa Grande, AZ, then I-10 east all the way to Jacksonville Beach, FL, where I will once again touch my food in the Atlantic Ocean. Trip done.

Next I will head down to Key West, FL where I will find the Southernmost spot I can find, then start my trek north up I-95 and beyond to get to the Northernmost spot on the Maine coast.

Next I will head west on the Northernmost route to the Pacific again in Washington, as close to Canada as I can get before heading south on I-5 back down to the Mexican Border at San Diego.

Now, that will be the trip of a lifetime.

When you get to Key West, consider staying at one of the two restored bungalows at the Southernmost Beach Resort. Each bungalow has a handful of rooms, a private chef and an on-premises concierge. Nice and quiet at the end of Duval Street but an easy walk into the craziness if your timing and sense of adventure are aligned. There’s more, but you get the idea.

You won’t need to worry about charging although there are local options, since the last SC is at Marathon Key.

FWIW, My P3D is still pending, seemingly they have not yet produced them with the black interior. Her nam has been changed to Cerisinha ("little Cerise" in Portuguese). There is also a possibilty that the trans-Canada part fo the trip might change for the official Eastern terminus of St. John's, NF
https://transcanadahighway.com/Newfoundland/StJohns.asp
Whether the entire trip can all happen this years depends on how soon Cerisinha makes her appearance. Now that Free Supercharging has happened the trip will be a trifle cheaper.
I've been lead to believe my black interior P3D was built well over a week ago and is in Denver awaiting a truck that can bring it my way. Either that or I've already paid in full for vaporware:)

• Love
Reactions: jbcarioca
I've been lead to believe my black interior P3D was built well over a week ago and is in Denver awaiting a truck that can bring it my way. Either that or I've already paid in full for vaporware:)
Who led you to believe that? Please tell me it was official Tesla communication with VIN attached. If so you might be the first one, maybe even good leading indication for the demise of the sad thread about P3D with black interior!
P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

Who led you to believe that? Please tell me it was official Tesla communication with VIN attached. If so you might be the first one, maybe even good leading indication for the demise of the sad thread about P3D with black interior!
P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This was emailed to me on July 26:

"My name is Mai, and I will be your point of contact from now until delivery of your amazing Model 3. You now have a VIN, (which is in your attached estimated purchase agreement)! This means that your car is built, and we are ready start discussing delivery! Please look over this email and the related documents carefully before we proceed!"

I paid it off last week and there was a time when it showed online that my car for was ready for pick-up in Littleton, CO on August 3 despite my waiting for home delivery. I was told that was for internal use to know that the car needed prepping. I presumable am waiting for a truck to drop it in Wyoming. Haven't been following any threads, so I wasn't aware that this was the start of something new. I stood in line in Santa Barbara on March 31st.

What color is the exterior? We were at the SC on Saturday and again on Monday and saw several performance Model 3s in the lot. Maybe one of them was yours...