Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buttershrimp's FSD Coast to Coast Event- "Ride or Die"

Are you in?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone lending me his/her 2nd or so Tesla for the trip? :D
I don't want to ship my X from Europe to the States. That and charging would be a real pain :rolleyes:

You can take my Model 3! I'm located in SoCal and I have my Model 3 LR listed on Turo. I offer a special road trip package, i.e. unlimited mileage / unlimited Supercharger access option, which would be perfect for this trip!

PM me if you're interested!

EDIT: I started doing the math and I'm pretty sure I will lose money on this if someone ends up taking the offer. Using 35c/mi depreciation, 5c/mi tires, 5c/mi Supercharging, another 5c/mi for something I missed. At 5,700 miles round trip, my COST would be $2,850. May need to increase the road trip package price....

Last edited:
Bump... Get ready.

Buttershrimp FSD.png

Anyone lending me his/her 2nd or so Tesla for the trip? :D
I don't want to ship my X from Europe to the States. That and charging would be a real pain :rolleyes:
You would be the coolest person on earth, having completed a round the world trip potentially.... No one would likely match you. In fact, your record would stand for many years. And we will make a sticker in your honor. May your journey be shiny and chrome.

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi and Joe F
Oh, that Hawthorne Supercharger is tight, I can just see 44 cars trying to get a place to park while waiting and all the Tesla and SpaceX employees freakin' out. Still, that would be a fun run.

Too bad my friend with a house in Florida has a job out here right now, so I won't get to visit her there. Been meaning to do that for years.

-Randy

Reactions: buttershrimp
Oh, that Hawthorne Supercharger is tight, I can just see 44 cars trying to get a place to park while waiting and all the Tesla and SpaceX employees freakin' out. Still, that would be a fun run.

Too bad my friend with a house in Florida has a job out here right now, so I won't get to visit her there. Been meaning to do that for years.

-Randy
In addition to the 12 Superchargers, there are 20 additional HPWCs and 3rd Party Chargers.

Reactions: buttershrimp
You would be the coolest person on earth, having completed a round the world trip potentially.... No one would likely match you. In fact, your record would stand for many years. And we will make a sticker in your honor. May your journey be shiny and chrome.

At first, there has to be a Tesla I could use and secondly the harder part, my wife would have to let me :D

How many do we have now? Having just gotten back from my 7th big road trip I am super happy with how the car drives now. I am ready for this cross-country trip. Sure, the next software update should add smart lane changes and if we wait perhaps the car will drive itself. I don't think it will be as much fun if the only reason we are in the car is to get out and plug the charger in every 250 miles...

On this last trip, I was seeing the same red Model 3's as I have at all the Supercharger stops. If we don't do this 100 car trip soon it won't be unusual to see a mass of Teslas working their way down the highway.

-Randy