Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buttershrimp's FSD Coast to Coast Event- "Ride or Die"

Are you in?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not everyone is like @Bighorn or @PLUS EV and can take off for months at a time driving around the country, but I am sure there are quite a few that can join the Caravan for at least part of the journey.

I suspect that if we get enough advanced notice of the various routes and schedules many will join us as we pass through their local areas, and even "HOST" a Party at all the Superchargers in their area (hint-hint).

After all, if we take the time off to make this journey, then they can keep us in a constant party, at lease one each hour or so.

My prediction is that we are a year away... but as long as we do it. Might be good to think of a year of a long weekend or time the average Tesla owner might have off ?

May 2020, looping in the Sound of Silence Black Hills Tesla Rally in Custer, South Dakota. It's a great midpoint and will attract a number of Canadians as well.

Also, as the rally is the 3rd week of May each year (2020 will be the 7th annual event), weather won't be an issue for most *and* some can take the following week off (Memorial Day weekend approaches), which makes attending some or all of a coast to coast soiree more viable for more people.

My $0.02 du jour.

TJ

Addendum: This also allows time for the new board/SoC retrofits that all of us FSD suckers are in line for - those that keep their 2016/2017 cars that long, that is. The board will facilitate software version 10. v10 is the version that Elon said would deliver stop sign reaction (yes, I'm paraphrasing) that was sold as reality in December 2016. So 3.5 years later is May 2020. Elon Time Lives! That's another way of saying I believe we are 1.5 years away at *best* from anything resembling coast to coast FSD - and even then if the car doesn't make it to the SC *by itself* (never mind the charging aspect), then IMNSHO it ain't FSD.

Met up with @buttershrimp while traveling to see family this last week. Went “Luda-fishin’” Tesla family is amazing. So thankful for this. With this in mind, this cross country trip is such a cool idea.... think of all the Elon time we have spent thinking about this collectively together. For us all to geek out and have a great adventure with our common Tesla bond, it would make for a worthwhile experience. Some sort of relay or some way we could live stream the event/you tube, heck let’s make a documentary.... would be nice as many of us would probably not be able to commit to the whole journey....

• Love
Reactions: buttershrimp
I see this as not just one journey, but many, using all of the coast to coast routes. Going both East to West and West to East. Maybe even the North to South and South to North.

I think that we could have someone who plans to go the entire route to volunteer to coordinate each route. As long as we publish the route schedule, then everyone along each route could join for however long they can, even if it is only to meet the travelers at just one or a few Supercharger locations.

Someone in each Supercharger location could coordinate with local News Media to cover the drive, and even find sponsors to supply food and party favors at these locations. Since there is a party at each Supercharger, it would not take much as we would have a party every hour or so.

This could turn out to be a really big deal with lots of publicity for Tesla and EV adoption. With Local News organizations at each Supercharger there is opportunity for those Not Yet in the EV family to see what it is all about, Just Like the National Drive Electric EVents each year.

just a thought....

• Love
Reactions: winfield100
I see this as not just one journey, but many, using all of the coast to coast routes. Going both East to West and West to East. Maybe even the North to South and South to North.

I think that we could have someone who plans to go the entire route to volunteer to coordinate each route. As long as we publish the route schedule, then everyone along each route could join for however long they can, even if it is only to meet the travelers at just one or a few Supercharger locations.

Someone in each Supercharger location could coordinate with local News Media to cover the drive, and even find sponsors to supply food and party favors at these locations. Since there is a party at each Supercharger, it would not take much as we would have a party every hour or so.

This could turn out to be a really big deal with lots of publicity for Tesla and EV adoption. With Local News organizations at each Supercharger there is opportunity for those Not Yet in the EV family to see what it is all about, Just Like the National Drive Electric EVents each year.

just a thought....
I like this idea because it seems the most realistic! It allows people to go coast to coast on their own or in a group.... all over the world potentially, South Korea really gets off easy with this method.... lol.

I’d really like to make a bumper sticker that says some variant of -
“this car has drove itself coast to coast and all I got was this lousy bumper sticker”

Kind of like the famous bumper stickers that say, “this car climbed Mt. Washington” for those that drove that route.

What do you think? It’s an honor system kind of thing but still cool. Of course we need a real fun mad max group caravan too, but it would be great to do something like this.

Reactions: Graffi
Met up with @buttershrimp while traveling to see family this last week. Went “Luda-fishin’” Tesla family is amazing. So thankful for this. With this in mind, this cross country trip is such a cool idea.... think of all the Elon time we have spent thinking about this collectively together. For us all to geek out and have a great adventure with our common Tesla bond, it would make for a worthwhile experience. Some sort of relay or some way we could live stream the event/you tube, heck let’s make a documentary.... would be nice as many of us would probably not be able to commit to the whole journey....
Was pretty epic! Looking forward to next time!

• Love
Reactions: Mobius484
I like this idea because it seems the most realistic! It allows people to go coast to coast on their own or in a group.... all over the world potentially, South Korea really gets off easy with this method.... lol.

I’d really like to make a bumper sticker that says some variant of -
“this car has drove itself coast to coast and all I got was this lousy bumper sticker”

Kind of like the famous bumper stickers that say, “this car climbed Mt. Washington” for those that drove that route.

What do you think? It’s an honor system kind of thing but still cool. Of course we need a real fun mad max group caravan too, but it would be great to do something like this.
Just be sure to do a grammar check before ordering the stickers! :eek:

Just be sure to do a grammar check before ordering the stickers! :eek:
Roger that.... I should have known that a 3rd person singular present indicative of have is unnecessary in such a bumper sticker.
should be “this car drove itself coast to coast, and all I got was this lousy bumper sticker”

How bout, all Doth I received ‘twas this sticker whom is placed upon my bumper”

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi
How bout, all Doth I received ‘twas this sticker whom is placed upon my bumper”

Um, whom is the objective form of who. It is only used as a direct object, indirect object, or object of a preposition or infinitive. Who is used as the subject of a sentence or for the predicate nominative. Doth is an archaic conjugation for the third person singular for do.

But then you knew that.

You might have said something like, "All Ah gots for my effort was this here bumper sticker what was placed upon my bumper thus." ;)

Um, whom is the objective form of who. It is only used as a direct object, indirect object, or object of a preposition or infinitive. Who is used as the subject of a sentence or for the predicate nominative. Doth is an archaic conjugation for the third person singular for do.

But then you knew that.

You might have said something like, "All Ah gots for my effort was this here bumper sticker what was placed upon my bumper thus." ;)
That would be "thusly"

Them there parts. Sheesh. :)

Dag Nabbit, it ain't "them parts" or "them there parts".... nope! Here in Texas, it's just these here parts.... and if it ain't these here parts, you can bet Aunt Wanda's secret wooden love carrot they is referring to them parts yonder..... no where else....

now git gone now..... i said, you kids git gone now.....