Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buttershrimp's FSD Coast to Coast Event- "Ride or Die"

Are you in?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

buttershrimp

Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode
Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2017
ATX
Join Buttershrimp on a magical journey In honor of the miracle that will soon be Full Self Driving, I'd like to propose the ultimate show of support to Tesla. With the help of TMC, let's plan a major coast to coast caravan. Rap music optional.

Will you join me?

Ideas:
1) A superbadass cross country road trip of many Teslas completing a cross country FSD caravan along the same route.
2) FSD cars and non-FSD cars are welcome.
3) Cars depart from one West Coast City at staggered times so we don't all get stuck waiting for each other to charge.
4) A Crazy party at every stop.
5) Flamethrower Prizes
6) A Cross Country with Buttershrimp Window Decal if you survive the trip.
7) A Cross Country RIP Sticker if you perish.
8) Try to Time the trip to a Falcon Heavy Launch if Possible
9) East to West and West to East?
10) Mad Max Theme Costumes
11) Are you a Celebrity or Do you know a Celebrity? You better sign the hell up, I want more hype and TMZ style reporting than a Kardashian giving birth to Brad Pitt's baby!

More Ideas?

As DMX would say, Ride or Die!

May I suggest multiple departure points?

South to North:
I-8 to I-10
I-10
I-10 to I-20
I-8 to I-10 to I-20
Whatever to I-40
Whatever to I-70
Whatever to I-80
Whatever to I-90
Whatever to Whatever
And do not forget Route-66

I will be happy to coordinate or assist the coordinator for the I-8 to I-10 run.

We could all leave on the same day, or choose a week for the run.

Could be a nice Media EVent to bring attention to Tesla EV's. Invite other "Short Range" EVs to join us for short legs through major metropolitan areas.

Tesla could help sponsor the EVent by supplying a Supercharger at Fort Stockton, TX so those on the I-10 route across west Texas could make to on all Supercharger electricity. (just a thought to get that leg finished sooner).

I just drove from Portland to Vegas and back and the constant charging stops sucked....after day 1 I was so over it.

But I wish you luck!

Which Model Tesla?

With a Model 3 LR that trip can be made in as little as 5-6 supercharging stops (assuming two day trip with destination charging in the middle, and in Las Vegas). I'd typically stop once every 3-4 hours so a Model 3 LR wouldn't really add much hassle to a trip. Maybe an extra stop or two on the way.

In my 70D the trip would be a bit more painful.

In my Sprinter 4x4 Camper van the trip would require 3 fill ups that would cost me around $225 as it would burn around 65 gallons of diesel to get there.

Reactions: David99
Which Model Tesla?

With a Model 3 LR that trip can be made in as little as 5-6 supercharging stops (assuming two day trip with destination charging in the middle, and in Las Vegas). I'd typically stop once every 3-4 hours so a Model 3 LR wouldn't really add much hassle to a trip. Maybe an extra stop or two on the way.

In my 70D the trip would be a bit more painful.

In my Sprinter 4x4 Camper van the trip would require 3 fill ups that would cost me around $225 as it would burn around 65 gallons of diesel to get there.

Any and All Teslas! Canada to Australia to the US.... It doesn't matter, if you can cross a continent, you're in!

Now Get your Flame Thrower and Let's GET READY!!!!!!

Buttershrimp FSD.png

May I suggest multiple departure points?

South to North:
I-8 to I-10
I-10
I-10 to I-20
I-8 to I-10 to I-20
Whatever to I-40
Whatever to I-70
Whatever to I-80
Whatever to I-90
Whatever to Whatever
And do not forget Route-66

I will be happy to coordinate or assist the coordinator for the I-8 to I-10 run.

We could all leave on the same day, or choose a week for the run.

Could be a nice Media EVent to bring attention to Tesla EV's. Invite other "Short Range" EVs to join us for short legs through major metropolitan areas.

Tesla could help sponsor the EVent by supplying a Supercharger at Fort Stockton, TX so those on the I-10 route across west Texas could make to on all Supercharger electricity. (just a thought to get that leg finished sooner).
let's tweet Elon and ask if he'll throw in platooning software for FSD so we can improve efficiency in the caravan.

Join Buttershrimp on a magical journey In honor of the miracle that will soon be Full Self Driving, I'd like to propose the ultimate show of support to Tesla. With the help of TMC, let's plan a major coast to coast caravan. Rap music optional.

Will you join me?

Ideas:
1) A superbadass cross country road trip of many Teslas completing a cross country FSD caravan along the same route.
2) FSD cars and non-FSD cars are welcome.
3) Cars depart from one West Coast City at staggered times so we don't all get stuck waiting for each other to charge.
4) A Crazy party at every stop.
5) Flamethrower Prizes
6) A Cross Country with Buttershrimp Window Decal if you survive the trip.
7) A Cross Country RIP Sticker if you perish.
8) Try to Time the trip to a Falcon Heavy Launch if Possible
9) East to West and West to East?
10) Mad Max Theme Costumes
11) Are you a Celebrity or Do you know a Celebrity? You better sign the hell up, I want more hype and TMZ style reporting than a Kardashian giving birth to Brad Pitt's baby!

More Ideas?

As DMX would say, Ride or Die!

For 6 and 7 - i will donate the stickers!

Reactions: UCF3
P85D and it was painful. If the supercharging was faster it wouldn't be so bad but the constant 30-45 minute stops get real old real fast. When Tesla's get to the 500-1000 mile range road trips will be a lot better.

Personally I like having a bit of a break every 2-3 hours, but I do find it tedious sometimes. It really depends on the situation as there have been times where I had to charge more than I really wanted to. Or the charging speed itself wasn't as consistent as I expected.

Most of my trips are under the 500 miles mark so it's not too bad.

I do have high hopes for the V3 chargers (or maybe it's V2) along with the next generation battery technology. That will likely get us close to 500mile range on a Model S/X, and 15 minute charging.

If not there is always the Mission E. :)

Might be worth incorporating the forthcoming Golden Spike soirée at For(got)t(en) Stockton once the last SC opens to finally complete the first and only transcontinental route (that would be I-10) that does not require chains or a hard right into tornado and black ice country year-round.

Consider the synergies:

FS (Fort Stockton, TX) is *almost 2 years late* (see first permit date).

FSD is *almost 2 years late* from the advent of the staged video (see December 2016).

Plus there will be golden spikes for all cars that show up.

And a lot of cars had better show up, because I’ve got 50 of these authentic bad boys quietly gathering rust in my lazarette.

8658EA72-E45E-4F9C-8CD1-3C9E4DC571F4.jpeg

I just drove from Portland to Vegas and back and the constant charging stops sucked....after day 1 I was so over it.

But I wish you luck!

Hrm.

LA to Portland is 1000 miles. About 16 hours in an ICE. 19 hours in one of these oversized golf carts. The difference, however, is that one can arrive refreshed in the golf cart due probably to two factors: the stops every 1.5-3hrs, and the reduced stress from deploying AP - at least until *21.9, aka the update that shall live in infamy.

It takes me about a day to get back into the rhythm of roadtrippery. 800 miles/day is a sustainable pace.

My $0.02 would be to road trip more :).

That said, I’ve long opined that a 600-mile pack is optimal since living between 20% and 80% yields 360 miles, of which half can be lost due to various inefficiencies, netting 180 miles. Which for most people will work for daily local travel, while for distance travel, the other 40% of the pack will come in handy - plus there’s less range erosion with distance travel. Short of a headwind and crosswinds (think South Dakota Badlands).

Hrm.

LA to Portland is 1000 miles. About 16 hours in an ICE. 19 hours in one of these oversized golf carts. The difference, however, is that one can arrive refreshed in the golf cart due probably to two factors: the stops every 1.5-3hrs, and the reduced stress from deploying AP - at least until *21.9, aka the update that shall live in infamy.

It takes me about a day to get back into the rhythm of roadtrippery. 800 miles/day is a sustainable pace.

My $0.02 would be to road trip more :).

That said, I’ve long opined that a 600-mile pack is optimal since living between 20% and 80% yields 360 miles, of which half can be lost due to various inefficiencies, netting 180 miles. Which for most people will work for daily local travel, while for distance travel, the other 40% of the pack will come in handy - plus there’s less range erosion with distance travel. Short of a headwind and crosswinds (think South Dakota Badlands).

Ok @TaoJones , Godfather of the intrepid journeys..... Do you have any tips to make this idea go to the next level?

Ok @TaoJones , Godfather of the intrepid journeys..... Do you have any tips to make this idea go to the next level?

I leave the Mantle of Promotion in yer capable hands. Besides, I’m bringing the spikes (see above). That’s all I got.

Well, except you could raffle off signed digital collections of your best work, with or without rap soundtracks.

Could have a poker run thusly:

Best hand wins the Shrimpmeister’s Best Videos Volume 1.

Worst hand has to listen to the audio tracks therewith :).

Ok, that’s really all I got.

Properly promoted, an FSD run that hits the hotspots (see 6th or 7th annual Sound of Silence Black Hills Tesla Rally) could get some legs.

I’m in. But I ain’t going until Forgotten Stockton gets an SC. Which will probably be sooner than useful FSD at least from Tesla. At this rate, comma.ai may outdo them.

Original Road Warrior or the remake?

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J
Might be worth incorporating the forthcoming Golden Spike soirée at For(got)t(en) Stockton once the last SC opens to finally complete the first and only transcontinental route (that would be I-10) that does not require chains or a hard right into tornado and black ice country year-round.

Consider the synergies:

FS (Fort Stockton, TX) is *almost 2 years late* (see first permit date).

FSD is *almost 2 years late* from the advent of the staged video (see December 2016).

Plus there will be golden spikes for all cars that show up.

And a lot of cars had better show up, because I’ve got 50 of these authentic bad boys quietly gathering rust in my lazarette.

View attachment 309867
Sweet I just noticed this, so count me in on one of the spikes. This idea is really good on its own.... and heck for the mad max fsd caravan, it could be cool to make a game at various superchargers on the voyage with stickers or something, or we could even have folks do weird and clever ... we need the “superchargers visited” thread guys for ideas

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones