Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buttershrimp's FSD Coast to Coast Event- "Ride or Die"

Are you in?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still can't get the vaccine in my county due to the number of people in line before us, but they should be increasing supply "real soon now" or we'd be there too. Seems counties surrounding Philly got screwed out of their allocation. You know, the counties that voted Biden into office...

Been planning a trip both through Austin (Cybertruck womb visit) , maybe San Antonio (foodie run mostly :)) Corpus Christi (family) , and ending up in South Padre Island for the next Starship hop. Looks like we're at least end of May before that can happen. :(

Still can't get the vaccine in my county due to the number of people in line before us, but they should be increasing supply "real soon now" or we'd be there too. Seems counties surrounding Philly got screwed out of their allocation. You know, the counties that voted Biden into office...

Been planning a trip both through Austin (Cybertruck womb visit) , maybe San Antonio (foodie run mostly :)) Corpus Christi (family) , and ending up in South Padre Island for the next Starship hop. Looks like we're at least end of May before that can happen. :(
Soon!

Reactions: phantasms and Joe F
I think I’m going to do this trip in my new cybertruck to support electric guitar guy hanging off side of vehicle without impeding cameras. Makes sense right?
Makes sense.

[me.sad,before owning TSLA]

IMG_1554 2.JPG

Reactions: phantasms
The bullet holes are original...

A 1932 Chevrolet Deuce Coupe forms the base of the car of Nicholas Hoult, the young war boy who wants power and gets it with his car. There is the eyeball stick shift the car has, as well as a doll-faced steering wheel – all personalized touches designed to make his car look younger than the rest because he is young.

1630634756673.png

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
The bullet holes are original...

A 1932 Chevrolet Deuce Coupe forms the base of the car of Nicholas Hoult, the young war boy who wants power and gets it with his car. There is the eyeball stick shift the car has, as well as a doll-faced steering wheel – all personalized touches designed to make his car look younger than the rest because he is young.

View attachment 704525

For completeness, the author is wrong. Deuce coupes were and always will be '32 Fords. If the vehicle pictured is a '32 Chevy (cannot tell with all the crap) then, it is simply a '32 Chevy.

Reactions: bhzmark
For completeness, the author is wrong. Deuce coupes were and always will be '32 Fords. If the vehicle pictured is a '32 Chevy (cannot tell with all the crap) then, it is simply a '32 Chevy.
It’s a Chevy 5 window coupe — you can tell with that horizontal line between the windows and the door handle.

It has two things my Plaid lacks: a sunroof and proper steering wheel

Given the ever increasing number of FSD Beta participants and improvements to the software, has anyone following this thread considered an attempt lately?

I'm located in the EU, thus unfortunately not eligible until further notice but would appreciate any FSD Beta users' assessment: Do you estimate the chance of success high enough that it would be worth a try? There is one recent YouTube video showing a ~1hr trip without intervention. With the first and last couple of miles in major city downtown traffic being the hardest part, it looks doable to me - without first hand experience, though.
Would supercharging require human intervention?

Given the ever increasing number of FSD Beta participants and improvements to the software, has anyone following this thread considered an attempt lately?

I'm located in the EU, thus unfortunately not eligible until further notice but would appreciate any FSD Beta users' assessment: Do you estimate the chance of success high enough that it would be worth a try? There is one recent YouTube video showing a ~1hr trip without intervention. With the first and last couple of miles in major city downtown traffic being the hardest part, it looks doable to me - without first hand experience, though.
Would supercharging require human intervention?
Can you post the link to that Video? I am guessing it is one of Whole Mars Blog videos. He has posted several really good ones. There was one from SF to LA with no disengagements except for SuperCharging.

Yes, SC requires human intervention.

1 hour is nothing.

No joke, two day ago my car drove me from the bottom of my driveway in the suburbs of NYC all the way to New Hampshire. Nearly four hours and hundreds of miles. It did everything and it did it perfectly. I’m floored. I’ve had Beta for a long time [98%] but it has now gotten to the next level.

I filmed the whole thing with a GoPro but sadly I had hypersmooth on so the camera algorithm kept panning back and forth trying to “level” the video as I drove around turns. I’ll have to do it again. :)

That being said I’d rather drive across the country than be driven. Mad max style in the cybertruck and also I plan on taking the EV record when the Roadster ever comes out.

• Love
Reactions: Electroman