Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Button To Open Garage Door Gone After Latest Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Top middle of screen to the right of the navigate box. This is how it shows on my Feb 2022 MSLR.
Screenshot_20221221_114201_Gallery.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
By any chance... did Tesla discover yet the possibility of backing into the garage yet?
The pinnacle of stupidity is not to decrease distance to target when backing up.
I have always backed into garage, so it took me a while to decide how best to address this issue. Finally moved car to end of driveway and selected open here. Now I'm trying to figure out what precise steps to take when leaving the garage. Often touching the Home button and driving out will automatically close door, but sometimes it doesn't.

Before the update a large button would appear on the lower aspect of the screen (about 4” wide box) when I approached my house and when I turned the car on in the garage.

It would disappear when I drove away.

Since the update that box no longer is there. Now its just the tiny icon on the top, then press it and the small homelink box appears that I need to press again.

This is way more annoying then the way it wored before, and sometimes my spotify screen is overstop the top icon, so now instead of just tapping the screen once, I to move the spotify box, press the tiny icon, and then press it again. Way more annoying than before the update.

Before the update a large button would appear on the lower aspect of the screen (about 4” wide box) when I approached my house and when I turned the car on in the garage.

Since the update that box no longer is there. Now its just the tiny icon on the top, then press it and the small homelink box appears that I need to press again.

This is way more annoying then the way it wored before, and sometimes my spotify screen is overstop the top icon, so now instead of just tapping the screen once, I to move the spotify box, press the tiny icon, and then press it again. Way more annoying than before the update.
There 'should' be an activate button next to your home link icon, so it only requires one press. Though granted it's a little small and out of the way.

The previous box was so large that if you were backing up with the homelink button active, it blocked both side camera views. Maybe there's a better way to work the button at the top, but at least it doesn't block the cameras now.

I had the same issue in my 22 MYLR. I could only control the garage door by tapping the main menu button (car icon in bottom left) and then tapping the garage door icon to the left of the wifi/Bluetooth/notification icons. I tapped “reset location” under Homelink settings and it caused the Homelink icon to appear in the upper bar between the temperature and sentry mode status icon. I did this while in front of my garage.