Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

buttons to open doors are not placed in th best positons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my car 3 days ago, and have made mistake clicking on the wrong buttons on the screen when trying to open doors.

I know it might just take some time to get used to it, however, with the image of car shown there, shouldn't the buttons for front doors be placed on the top (front) and buttons for falcon doors in the bottom (rear) ?

Reactions: Rytis
shouldn't the buttons for front doors be placed on the top (front) and buttons for falcon doors in the bottom (rear) ?
I felt exactly the same way when I saw that on my test drive. In the book The Design of Everyday Things (https://ia800300.us.archive.org/4/items/DesignOfEverydayThings/DesignOfEverydayThings_text.pdf) there is an example of a similar design flaw on oven ranges, where the knobs to turn on the burners didn't align with the phyisical, and the wrong burner is turned on often. See pages 75-77 in the above book (PDF pages 90-91).

BadBurner.png
The above is an example of bad design (seem familiar?)

BurnerGood.png
This is better.

Seem if they replace the image of the car with one taken from above, it would be much more obvious their layout is incorrect.

• Love
Reactions: achen