Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy 3 LR now then trade for S LR or just wait for S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help me decide! I had put an order in for a 3LR back in Nov. Placed the order on hold because of issues with my trade in. Audi gives a "market value" for payoff to 3rd party dealers, not the actual payoff on leases. My payoff was around $56k, the payoff they gave to Tesla was over $69k. So I decided to pay it off instead of paying the extra $13k. While dealing with paying off the lease I decided that a S LR would work better for me. Ventilated seats in HOT New Mexico summer are sooo nice. Hatch rear opening is much more usable than trunk opening. Also, finally got to drive one with the yoke and while it's not perfect it's also not as horrible as I thought it would be.

I'm expecting to get the title and lien release for the Audi this week or next. If I take my 3 off hold I should get it fairly soon. The S delivery date still says July, unless I want to get a plaid (which I don't). I can't decide if I should go ahead and get the 3 then trade that in for the S or if I should just wait on the S. Trading in the Audi for the 3 will result in Tesla owing me around $7k. I'd have to get a loan for about $40k for the S with my trade in.

Signed,
Undecided in NM