Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy a model 3 or wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
read the article again. 10% more compare to "who"? there is no way LiFePO4 battery is more expensive

Maybe you should read it again?

10% more than their current batteries being supplied

your source said:
CATL Chairman Zeng Yuqun told Bloomberg that the new battery costs 10 percent more than the batteries it already supplies

So- more expensive, not cheaper. The opposite of what Tesla/Elon is looking for.

With most technology, you can get into a state of always waiting for the next best thing. Things will always improve. Are you holding onto your iPhone 3G because you heard the iPhone 12 is going to be amazing, but then skipping it because it doesn't have 5G? The car is amazing, if you are in the market for one you are doing well financially. You will never get these years back in your life and any delay will result in you driving an inferior car will waiting for the "ultimate" version of the model 3. Get it and enjoy it!

I couldn't agree more. I waited so long to order one because of the fear of the next big improvement being just around the corner. I finally realized that I'm happy with the current performance and feature set, and I won't be disappointed in my car just because someone else is driving a newer one with more range or a better interior.

Hi All,

I am about to get a model 3 (planned to move forward this weekend) with an aim to sell it in about 3 years time maximum (moving overseas). Looking at the latest discussions around the million miles battery and its "immediate" announcement, I would love to get the community input/opinion on the below one million dollar question:

1. Should I wait until Model 3s are equipped with this new battery type since in 3 years time, Model 3 without will likely be really hard to sell (or wouldn't be worth much)
2. Should I just lease instead of owning?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

What? If you are getting rid of the Model 3 after 3 years, why would you care about the "million mile" battery? How will the Model 3 be worth nothing after 3 years?

"CURRENT BATTERIES BEING SUPPLIED". Did they say current batteries being supplied to TESLA? Sigh

...you realize one of the people they supply NOW is Tesla right?

So then they say these cost 10% more than CURRENT batteries- those are the batteries they're saying these are more than.

Tesla is a CURRENT customer of CATL batteries.

This new battery has NO customers right now, and costs more than CURRENT CATL batteries.

Where- specifically- are you getting lost?

...you realize one of the people they supply NOW is Tesla right?

So then they say these cost 10% more than CURRENT batteries- those are the batteries they're saying these are more than.

Tesla is a CURRENT customer of CATL batteries.

This new battery has NO customers right now, and costs more than CURRENT CATL batteries.

Where- specifically- are you getting lost?

Attachments

• 77F8AC27-213C-4709-8496-F50D5B558C19.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 29
I did. The math checks out, you're still wrong :)
in.jpg
Love the unicorn