Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy a Used 2016 Model S P100D or a 2020 Plaid Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can find a good price on used P series, buy it, drive it until the Plaid comes out, wait until the dust clears and bugs are revised, then sell the P, and buy the Plaid. You should not suffer too much more depreciation if you shop well.
I Agree. And a used 2016 is going to depreciate way less than a new plaid. By the time you get tired of it maybe the yet to be released new roadsters will be reasonable used and you could get by with fewer seats.

I assume the used P has AP2.0.

Nobody here but you is talking about "losing range over time" - Tesla knowingly sells cars that are flawed and dangerous over time, and instead of repairing this known flaw they steal from owners to reduce their expenses at the cost of owners. This is unjust enrichment, fraud, false advertising, et cetera. Many crimes, the "wrong thing" and we aren't discussing loss of anything "over time" we're discussing theft.
How many cars were BMW forced to recall because they just spontaneously catch on fire to the point that they told people to stop parking them in their garage?

I want to buy a Performance Model S Tesla but I don’t know if I should buy a used 2016 P100D Model S from Tesla for roughly $70,000 with approximately 20,000 miles on it or if I should wait for the new 2020 Plaid Performance Model S. A few questions:

1) Do you think the body style change will only be for the Plaid Model S or do you think all model S will have their body style changed? I hate buying a car that has an older body style.

2) Is the Plaid Model S taking over all performance model S from here on out? So, once that comes out, that will be the only performance model you can buy?

3) If I own either car for three years and drive roughly 15,000 miles per year, do you think I would lose more money on the 2016 P100D that would have a total of 65,000 miles on it or do you think I would lose more money on a 2020 Plaid Performance Model S with 45,000 miles on it?

4) Is Tesla only adding a third row to the Plaid Model S or all Tesla Model S?
I think this tweet will help you decide ;)
Elon Musk on Twitter

2016 Model S | Tesla

Much better deal
2016 Model S100D Ludicrous Performance
41,801 miles $67,500 4yr/50K warranty

Key Features
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Tan Tesla Premium Seats
Full Self-Driving Capability
Free Supercharging
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Smart Air Suspension
Glass Roof
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
HEPA Air Filtration System
Subzero Weather Package
Keyless Entry
Power Liftgate
Red Brake Calipers
GPS Enabled Homelink
Carbon Fiber Décor
Integrated Center Console
Black Headliner

Compared to the one originally posted at $62K and 2 year/45K warranty.

2016 Model S | Tesla
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
  • 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
  • Tan Leather Tesla Premium Seats
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Free Supercharging
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Glass Roof
  • Keyless Entry
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • GPS Enabled Homelink
  • Figured Ash Wood Décor