Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BUY FSD TODAY!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO, Tesla removed the option to get your $3k now, because they are VERY close to getting it out, as the new chip and other news incl. the drive by nav that almost ready, suggest!

Not quite...

Musk wrote in an email obtained by Bloomberg News that Tesla needed about 100 more employees to join an internal testing program linked to rolling out the full self-driving capability. Any worker who buys a Tesla and agrees to share 300 to 400 hours of driving feedback with the company’s Autopilot team by the end of next year won’t have to pay for full self-driving

• Informative
Reactions: BozieBeMe2
They really need to clarify what’s going on. I think Elon has come to the realization that FSD is not as easily achievable as he thought and he decided to dial the whole thing back. It’s really unclear what happens for those of use who already fronted the $$$. I think they have a liability on their hands with everyone who already purchased FSD.

As one who bought FSD as a calculated risk, I'm also concerned. But Tesla has some history of disappointing customers in the past and their communications do leave much to be desired.

Musk does seem to have confirmed this but not exactly why or what impact this has on buyers.

I think they have a liability on their hands with everyone who already purchased FSD.
I hear what you’re saying. I’m speculating, but if FSD is out for now perhaps they would just offer an option to refund everyone’s purchase or keep FSD with guaranteed software/hardware updates at a future date? As I stated earlier, I’m not overly concerned; however, am a bit annoyed that my purchased vehicle configuration changed without prior notification. How difficult would’ve it been to send a mass email to all who purchased FSD to let them know of these changes?