Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy Homelink or wait for Wi-Fi?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the app but it’s painful to use. I’d rather just use the clicker so I think that’s what I’ll do for now. I like the idea of hiding and attaching it with velro or double sided tape.
I hear you...agree, but you have to buy more remotes then. No biggie, Homelink is really the answer. Have one remote for my daughter's car, and other daughter and wife/mine all have homelink. Worst case, MyQ app is simple/works fine and I have it always show notifications. Your garage door shouldn't be going up at some odd time when nobody is home..haha

So the homelink seems to have gone up to $325 (from $300). Does anyone have any experience in Tesla pricing and if they fluctuate a lot? I don't take delivery for two months so wondering if I should hold off for a possible reduction or if I am more risking another increase. Thanks!

So the homelink seems to have gone up to $325 (from $300). Does anyone have any experience in Tesla pricing and if they fluctuate a lot? I don't take delivery for two months so wondering if I should hold off for a possible reduction or if I am more risking another increase. Thanks!

Pricing is fluctuating more now than it has in the past, likely at least in part due to the chip shortages that are impacting all electronic devices.

For what its worth, my 2019 M3 had Homelink already, and I love it. Its neat to have the door auto-open for me and then auto-close. I also like not having the silly garage door opener remote on my sun visor. I have two programmed on the Home Link (Right and Left) and one is set to auto open and close on approach and departure.

To me, its well worth the $300 and if I didn;t have it already, I would be going out and getting it installed.