Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy Model 3 Now or Wait? [jan 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whooo! Picked up my Tesla M3 in the rain. I brought my spouse who is extremely observant. That is not always a good thing. However, when it comes to inspecting cars, it is a great attribute to have.

I really could not find anything wrong with the car. I think the hood might be a fraction of millimeter thinner on the left versus the right? Spouse really couldn't see it but I can...sort of. It opens and closes fine so I am good with it.

I already lost 3 miles of charge because I have to repeat the light show. Everyone thinks it is so cool.
I brought my wife as well. She had a good eye as well :) Yeah, the deadline really pushed me to get it now as well, but I am glad it did.
I like the car a lot more than I thought i would.
Congrats and welcome!

Picked up my lovely blue Model 3 yesterday. This thing has absolutely no rivals at $35,000. Amazing car. I can't imagine anything that could come later this year to make me regret jumping on this!

I guess it might still be worth it for those who have a high stress tolerance to try to find a car in inventory and take delivery before the IRS announcement. For all we know it could be March 31st. Just check the news daily and don't make the final payment until you are at the service center taking delivery. Don't blame me if it goes wrong though

Is it possible to delay the payment until delivery date. I’m figuring out if i can do that to avoid any lose of tax credit

Whooo! Picked up my Tesla M3 in the rain. I brought my spouse who is extremely observant. That is not always a good thing. However, when it comes to inspecting cars, it is a great attribute to have.

I really could not find anything wrong with the car. I think the hood might be a fraction of millimeter thinner gap wise on the left versus the right? Spouse really couldn't see it but I can...sort of. It opens and closes fine so I am good with it.

I already lost 3 miles of charge because I have to repeat the light show. Everyone thinks it is so cool.
congrats on your new 🚙 car

Reactions: Niroc
Well, the Investor Day announcement was anti climatic. No huge announcements that would have given us concern about our new purchase. For all those who bought their M3 hopefully feels the same as me; it was a great time to buy.

Tesla saying that they are going cut prices in 1/2 is a bit of a sales pitch. They will probably will come out with a cheaper, mini version of a Model Y RWD that has a very limited range for $29000. It is the "urban" transport not meant for long travel but to scoot around town.

Last edited:
Reactions: toron2nashvile
Thanks
I was hoping it will drop in price as well as there is a lot of inventory but prices are holding still
I was hoping too. I am glad that I took delivery Feb 28th. Price is very reasonable especially with the Fed Tax Credit.

I really can't find much wrong with the car. Everything looks good. I sold my 2019 M3 last May. I forgotten how much fun they are to drive. I missed it.

I was hoping too. I am glad that I took delivery Feb 28th. Price is very reasonable especially with the Fed Tax Credit.

I really can't find much wrong with the car. Everything looks good. I sold my 2019 M3 last May. I forgotten how much fun they are to drive. I missed it.
I m so glad to hear you are enjoying your car. I test drove a Y and loved it.
I loved the feel of electric car. They are a lot of fun for sure. To be honest it is a good price all in all. I am hoping that tax credit is still there until i take delivery

Reactions: Niroc and Ital
I m so glad to hear you are enjoying your car. I test drove a Y and loved it.
I loved the feel of electric car. They are a lot of fun for sure. To be honest it is a good price all in all. I am hoping that tax credit is still there until i take delivery
For all the talk and dismay about removing the USS, test drives now should include back-in parking into a confined garage. That would confirm if (a) the driver is good enough to do that as was done before USS became popular, and (b) if today’s driver is satisfied with the car.

Nice trend- add me to the bought one for my wife club. Picked it up March 6. Taxes next year will be more pleasant.

This is the overall the 3rd model 3 I have bought and makes us the weird neighbors with the his and her Tesla’s. 😍

Reactions: Ital
Even after the $1000 price drop, buying a Model 3 RWD in Oregon will be $5250 more expensive starting in may. This is due to Oregon pausing the $2500 EV tax credit (ran out of money) and the halving of the fed tax credit.

Super glad I jumped when I had the chance!
I just recently received my OR registration and I filled out my rebate online. I am hoping it goes thru. Oregon is so squirrelly on things.

Last edited:
Reactions: alhounos
Glad to see that others have been getting his and hers M3's. I handed over my 2018 RWD LR to my wife to let her decide whether she was interested in one - she is somewhat tech-adverse and was concerned about relying on the landscape display for virtually all of the functions. Anyway, after a month of driving, she told me this weekend that she would like one (as I knew she would - just needed some time to familiarize herself with the setup).

We'll be ordering an M3P in blue for her birthday in October, and I'll be getting my baby back. Hopefully, the $7,500 credit will still be available for this model.

Reactions: Bouba