Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy MR with existing reservation or via referral link?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife currently has a LR, RWD, vin 21,xxx. We have a second reservation still active and are now ready to buy the MR model. From a delivery timing perspective (sooner is better), is there an advantage to purchasing using the reservation vs. her referring me (I get the SC credit, she gets one referral on her account)?

Any insights from this awesome forum would be greatly appreciated.

I have an order awaiting delivery, but I don't see anywhere in my account that shows that I'll be getting the SC credit based on the referral code I used. Does this show up anywhere while waiting for delivery, or should I expect the credit to show up in my account after delivery?

Thank you. I just tested that and it is exactly as you say. Now to decide whether to go blue with white interior or MSM with black interior...
I got the Midnight Silver with black interior - scheduled for a week from Sunday!!

I have an order awaiting delivery, but I don't see anywhere in my account that shows that I'll be getting the SC credit based on the referral code I used. Does this show up anywhere while waiting for delivery, or should I expect the credit to show up in my account after delivery?
I just asked my delivery advisor the same thing, it is recorded on your account but doesn't show up on any paperwork anywhere.

You can buy a Model 3 MR with a referral link even if you already have a reservation. Feel free to PM me for detailed instructions and receive $150 in supercharging credits! (My kid will thank you a million times for his little Model S Christmas present ;))

Your MR car is ready???
No, sorry, it's LR, rear wheel drive. I was just commenting that I'd ordered the same color combination as he was contemplating. :D

When you say "recorded on your account", does it show up somewhere in your account that you can see?
No, although it might show up in the app once I have my car and can access it. I'm assuming it'll also show up in your supercharging history too, but maybe as only a non-charge.

You can buy a Model 3 MR with a referral link even if you already have a reservation. Feel free to PM me for detailed instructions and receive $150 in supercharging credits! (My kid will thank you a million times for his little Model S Christmas present ;))
No need to PM anyone (and have them tell you to use their link), I explained how to do it in the second post in this thread. Also, unless they changed it, it's a $100 credit.

Just talked with my DA and they can apply it manually if you're not sure it has been applied. It does not show anywhere in the referred person's account, only the referring person's account.

Also, FYI, they just changed the referral program last night. The referral now gives 6 months of unlimited SC vs. the $100 credit.