Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy MYP or buy Tesla stock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYP on November 17th and my EDD is 1/3 - 1/31. I've been reading about the issues with quality and delivery on this site and I'm beginning to have second thoughts. On top of that, the 4680s, the giga-castings, the AMD chip and other improvements are coming to the car next year. So I'm wondering if it makes more sense to cancel my order and instead buy a Toyota Corolla and put the difference into Tesla stock. Then in about a year, sell the Corolla and some of the stock and THEN get they MYP.

What are everyone's thoughts on that strategy?

Investing will always pay off. Tesla is a luxury item and a depreciating asset. Just remember: there will always be improvements year to year and it’s a bit like chasing the dragons tail. You’ll never get the pinnacle of Tesla as the next year will be designed to improve and sell more and get folks to “upgrade.”

Best thing to do is buy a 3-5 year old used Toyota and invest the cash. At least from a fiscal Point of view.