Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy new Model S or used Model S - your thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the process of getting one. Is it wise to buy new or used? I am looking at a blk/ blk, 60 kw, pano roof, leather seats, tech package, fog light. Please advised. Thanks.

I'd suggest just buying a new one. The used market is sparse and you might not get the options/colors you want. You could also call up your local Tesla store and ask a rep to look up inventory cars for you to see if you can find one that you like.

If you buy used do your research as little things have changed. Like folding mirrors, parking sensors. if its 85kWh check if its an A Battery or B Battery, if that concerns you (only seems to affect supercharging AFAIK). Also some options can be added later, like supercharging and twin chargers, although you pay more later to get them. AND now some options you can only get bundled with other options like Active Air now you need tech package. So if you want active air but don't really want or need tech looking used might get you in cheaper.