Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy now or wait for 2021 model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
definitely wait until the rumored chrome delete, heat pump, auto trunk, etc rolls out.
Don't forget to wait for the aluminum castings in the rear. And in another year the aluminum castings for the front, oh and another year the 4680 batteries, but really wait for the heads up display and the Alcantra head liner. I'm waiting for the Model 3.5 refresh.

you've obviously not been looking at Tesla resale value then. Model year is a big deal for most cars - but as Tesla doesn't use them it has proved to not be the case.
What is more important for Tesla's is what is installed - it means you have to know what you're looking for.
I said that ‘like-for-like, the newer car is going to be more desired.’ Are you really disputing that?

Don't forget to wait for the aluminum castings in the rear. And in another year the aluminum castings for the front, oh and another year the 4680 batteries, but really wait for the heads up display and the Alcantra head liner. I'm waiting for the Model 3.5 refresh.
Funny. But the changes I mentioned are coming this quarter. Op is better to wait a month or two if he/she can

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
Bought mine just a year ago, and today the price is about 10% higher in local currency due to USD exchange rate.

I can almost sell my car on used market for same nominal $ as I bought it for.

Nothing really compelling to wait, IMO. Big one is battery but that won't come until years from now.

Something that you and everyone else pondering over when to buy might want to consider. When I was planning buying a M3 I was extremely restless all the time, constantly reading this forum and various blogs and looking for rumors about various updates. Now I have the car and feel calm and happy. I get much more of useful things done and can just enjoy driving around in what turned out to be my dream car instead of reading about it. Even if the price drops in the near future, I figured that me not thinking about the purchase every single day is also worth some money. Probably more than the price drop is going to be, or more than the value of any future updates will be for me.

Of course, if you're nothing like me and are fine with taking things slowly and waiting, why not wait for the MY features to arrive in the M3 :D

Reactions: El joe and AZAV8R
Funny. But the changes I mentioned are coming this quarter. Op is better to wait a month or two if he/she can
Where are you getting this info from? All I have seen are updates possibly to Chinese market cars. Don't know much of the history of Tesla and the uniformity of there products in different markets. Just hoping a few of the rumored updates happen.

Sitting here patiently waiting until the end of December until I take delivery while Tesla keeps tempting me to take delivery now.

To OP: wait and look for the heat pump thread.

I do hope that if other upgrades are in the cards, they will applied with the heat pump, but for the moment no other confirmations.

I wonder how to order and be sure you're not getting a previous production car.

I talked to a Tesla salesperson, although it looks like they don't know more than what has been officially announced, but here is what I think is true:
- Very soon, the wall charger will not come with M3 for free, you have to buy it separately.
- They will continue to import from the US for Australia/New Zealand and they think it's unlikely that any changes happen in the next 6 months or so.