Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy now or wait for 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

Classic question for buy now vs wait for a model 3. 2021 brought a heat pump and interior changes. In my searching around it seems the only upcoming changes expected are a heated steering wheel and possible change of Sr+ to lfp batteries (at least in Canada). Is there anything else I'm missing? I know there will always be a change coming up but if there's something big due soon I can wait a bit longer.

Any info/help is appreciated. Cheers!

Well the Model 3 is currently at least 2 months from delivery and could be 3-4 months depending on the model. The 2022 Model 3 will likely start shipping in Q4 sometime so from my perspective you might as well just wait a few more months before ordering.

With such a big refresh for the 2021 Model 3, I can't imagine there will be another sizable refresh for a few more years.

Tesla seems to do rolling updates not specific to a model year but since the 2021 M3 got a significant refresh it would seem unlikely there would be many changes in the near future but I left my crystal ball at home today so can't be sure. As it goes for the tech world unless you know of a specific announced feature/update that you want no sense in waiting for the next best thing.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Something significant will happen when Austin plant gets going a year from now. Price drop and or battery upgrade for Model Y. Availability to produce more Model 3's at Fremont may also happen since demand for Fremont Model Y's may go down.

I just put in my order for a model 3 performance. My only concern is they will update the touch screen. I don't see any other major changes coming though. I think right now they will focus on getting the cyber truck rolling, new model S and X production and the roadster.