TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Buy now or wait til new year 2015?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Vagus, Aug 30, 2014.

1. mochouinard

mochouinard Member

We really need a like button on this forum :)

2. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

I think with a Model S. You never want to buy now. Always wait till the next year, unless you think even the next year car might be better...:wink:

3. mochouinard

mochouinard Member

I felt like I wanted to wait too for the next feature that might be available... But then a loan tesla car was available dating april ! I jumped on it and I know I'll be happy. From that instant, I didn't feel the need to wait and missing on feature, I knew what the car was going to be and I accepted it ! I don't have it, the way is excruciating (even if I just have to wait a single week :)

4. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

I think someone at your insurance company goofed. The 10th digit of the VIN is the model year. The 11th digit is where the car is made. For a 2015 car the letter is F. The 11th digit on a Model S will be F for Fremont, CA. My car that hasn't been made yet has E for the 10th digit (2014 model year).

So I'd bet that someone typoed your VIN into the computer (possibly reversing the 10th and 11th digit, since the insurance company won't care whatsoever about the plant that made the car). My suggestion would be to double check what VIN your insurance company has listed against your car. Might save you some hassle down the line.

5. karmamule

karmamule Member

How dare you even THINK of calling that a true wait?!?!? That's barely the blink of an eye! :::::shakes fist::::: ;-)

That looks like a great configuration (and an excellent color choice, if I do say so!). Congrats on finding a good match that gets you in your Tesla soon. Enjoy!