I've been eagerly awaiting for this car to go into production since 2012! I decided not to buy the Model S and wait 2 years for the X. Of course I was not thinking it was "Musk years". So after waiting over 4 years to buy a Tesla I cannot wait any longer. I am very pleased with the Model X in many ways (I was at the launch on Tuesday), but my two biggest disappointments are no folding 2nd row seats and the range has not been increased. I was hoping that the next generation batteries which are each individual battery supposed to be a little bigger than the existing batteries and able to hold a larger charge would allow you to have a 90 kW battery that weighs less which would increase the range or perhaps a larger battery would be offered. My dream is a car with 400 mile range. This would allow you to travel at 75 mph for 4 1/2 hours and get from San Jose to LA without having to recharge. After 4 1/2 hours of solid driving most people are ready for a break! My guess is that the next gen batteries will come from the gigafactory sometime in 2016 or 2017. With all of this said I have a relatively early X reservation and will likely get my car at the beginning of 2016. I am a bit hesitant on getting it because I'm afraid that I'll buy the X and 12 months later a longer range X will be available. So now I'm asking myself the following: 1) Do I buy the X and keep it for the long term as is 2) Buy it now then sell it in a year or two taking the depreciation hit 3) Lease the X and in 3 years get another one If I do option 1 I'll have to live with the smaller range for many years and deal with super chargers which may get very busy with more Teslas on the road during long road trips that I would take 1-4 times a year. The model 3 will make them extremely busy unless Tesla keeps building out the network and have 20+ stalls per location. This is taking a leap of faith that Tesla will do this. I think they will, but it is a risk. If I do option 2 how much money will I likely loose by selling a 1-2 year old X? How much money did people lose when they sold a 1-2 year old S so they could buy the P85D? Will you "lose" less money than leasing? If I do option 3 I'll have to take a deep breadth before signing. I've never leased a car before. To me it is like throwing money down the drain if you typically keep a car for over 7 years. On the flip side I may "lose" less money doing this than option 2. The advantage of option 1 is if the range of the cars do not increase much I have saved myself money. The downside is if the range does noticeably increase I'm stuck with a "low range" car for many years. The pros of option 2 is I get an increased range car in 2-3 years and maybe my folding 2nd row seats. Also if Tesla does not noticeably increase the range of the cars I have the option to keep what I've got for many more years. For the record I do believe they will have 400 mile range cars in a year or two from now. The benefits of doing option 3 is that I'll get a longer range car in 2-3 years and perhaps my folding 2nd row seats. The disadvantage is if the range is not increased I just wasted my money on the lease and have to buy another car in 3 years when I typically keep cars for over 7 years. So that is my dilemma. What should I do?