Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy or lease?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With respect , your idea of what constitutes an investment is pretty narrow ( ISAs are just safety nets rather than investments - after all they only cover inflation )

Say , for arguments sake, I worked for a company in which I had far more then £50k in purchased stock and whose SP had increased more than 50% in the last 5 years with a decent outlook. Say that stock also paid a 4% annualised dividend on that investment.

Leasing is far more attractive than selling enough stock to purchase the car. I would have to be a bit daft to sell to cover a car purchase, right ?

You would have to show your calculations to prove that

I think he makes perfect sense, he doesn't have the ready cash to splash out on the car, if he needed the funds he would have to draw this out of his investments, but his investments are doing rather nice where they are, so would be crazy to draw them out, instead take a hit each month on a lease, his annual divi will help out on this.

I think for each person it is different, my position is that I am in a house worth a fair amount of money and paid off the majority of my mortgage, to buy outright I would add this to my mortgage as my interest rate is pretty decent, but don't really want to do that as I am close to paying it off, I think I would rather lease and pay this from my salary each month, but if I had cash in the bank earning bugger all I would be tempted to splash out.

An old topic, but, does anyone have changing opinions to their lease V buying considering the quality differences of Shanghai and Fremont?

If the trend continues, Gigafactory Berlin may be producing significantly higher quality cars in 2021 for the European market.

I'm due to collect my Model 3 LR in September and revisiting my decision to cash buy or lease.

An old topic, but, does anyone have changing opinions to their lease V buying considering the quality differences of Shanghai and Fremont?

If the trend continues, Gigafactory Berlin may be producing significantly higher quality cars in 2021 for the European market.

I'm due to collect my Model 3 LR in September and revisiting my decision to cash buy or lease.

I looked at both and settled on buying outright - and taking advantage of the interest free loan from Home Energy Scotland...

In my case I plan to keep same car for at least 5-6 years if not longer - with current interest rates in savings being crap, combined with the interest free loan (Allowing me to pay a few hundred per month from my account rather than drop it all in one go) there’s no major benefit to not buying outright in my circumstances.

As for trade in / resell value when I eventually come to upgrade I’m hoping it won’t be massively bad :)

I thought that Berlin was opening production with the Model Y.