Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy Tesla or TSLA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kithytom

Special Guest
Jul 30, 2021
F3V4+837
On June 17, 2021. If you placed an basic Model Y order for $52,990. One year later, your pending order is now worth $65,990. A return of 24.5%

On June 17, 2021. If you placed a buy order of TSLA stock for the same amount. One year later, your stock is worth around $56,430. A return of 6.5%

Inflation and supply chain shortage made this possible. What a crazy time…

On June 17, 2021. If you placed an basic Model Y order for $52,990. One year later, your pending order is now worth $65,990. A return of 24.5%

On June 17, 2021. If you placed a buy order of TSLA stock for the same amount. One year later, your stock is worth around $56,430. A return of 6.5%

Inflation and supply chain shortage made this possible. What a crazy time…

This is silly to me, even though I am sure it is posted just as a "get conversation going" type of thing. When you buy a car, you do not have a loss or return until you actually sell it (which is why I get confused by people focusing on depreciation for a brand new car they are about to purchase and presumably drive for a few years).

One of those options, you do not have any additional money at all, one you do. I dont have any tesla stock, and am not really "hear for" stock discussions which is why I dont participate in the entire subforum on TMC dedicated to stock discussions.

With that being said, calling a purchase of a vehicle a "return" sounds like all those "Look at all the money you save!" Commercials that used to be about various products.