Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy used M3 2019 from Tesla and save $10k or new M3 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heyho,

I currently have a new Tesla Model 3 2021 LR, white on white, with FSD on order.
Now I found that Tesla has a used Model 3 2019 (September '19 production date) with the exact same configuration (incl. FSD) in inventory. The car has only 4400 miles on the meter.

After taxes and fees (incl. the delivery) the used M3 is actually $10344 cheaper, i.e. quite a lot. As a small goodie it also has the acceleration boost (not a big value to me personally, so I didn't include it in the calculation).

So here are some questions to you:

1. Do you think I should go with the used one given that it's $10344 cheaper and doesn't have that many miles?
2. Has anyone had some experiences with Tesla used car sales? In what condition are the used cars? Unfortunately tesla doesn't provide any real world pics (only renders), so it's a bit unclear in what condition the car will be - it however has only 4400 miles.

Heyho,

I currently have a new Tesla Model 3 2021 LR, white on white, with FSD on order.
Now I found that Tesla has a used Model 3 2019 (September '19 production date) with the exact same configuration (incl. FSD) in inventory. The car has only 4400 miles on the meter.

After taxes and fees (incl. the delivery) the used M3 is actually $10344 cheaper, i.e. quite a lot. As a small goodie it also has the acceleration boost (not a big value to me personally, so I didn't include it in the calculation).

1. Do you think I should go with the used one given that it's $10344 cheaper and doesn't have that many miles?
2. Has anyone had some experiences with Tesla used car sales? In what condition are the used cars? Unfortunately tesla doesn't provide any real world pics (only renders), so it's a bit unclear in what condition the car will be - it however has only 4400 miles.

So $10,344 cheaper AND has FSD?! Umm, kinda no brainer. The new 2021s are nice but are they $20,000 more nice?

Has anyone had some experiences with Tesla used car sales? In what condition are the used cars? Unfortunately tesla doesn't provide any real world pics (only renders), so it's a bit unclear in what condition the car will be - it however has only 4400 miles.

It may be worth the drive over to the Tesla store to check out in person. although you probably won't be able to actually test drive the car without committing to a purchase ($500 deposit). With just 4400 miles, hopefully it would be in nice condition but people have had to reject BRAND NEW Teslas due to unacceptable cosmetic issues so you never know.

Heyho,

Hi, I bought a used (but marketed as new) M3P from Tesla, it had 9000 miles on the clock and it was nearly £11,000 cheaper , and it allowed me to get the M3P when i was looking at the M3LR.
I was allowed to report any issues within 100 miles and they were rectified free of charge, these were as below.

Chunk out of bumper below fog lights, brand new bumper fitted and sprayed
Chips on bonnet - sorted and re-sprayed.
Minor dent on wing - pulled and re-sprayed.
Scratches on brightwork around the passenger side, all replaced.
Drivers seat moving slightly - new runners fitted
Rear light condensated- new light fitted

All FOC , tyres were as expected condition, and generally clean interior although not up to my standards, but it was first lockdown Covid times.

Warranty is 50,000 miles on top of the current miles so will cover mine until 59,000 , and the other battery and motor warranty runs out on 120,000 or July 2027 (i wont have the car then !)

Well worth it as the first chunk of deprecation which is low anyway, i shouldn't see much loss after a year or two when i intend to get CT or MY

for me it was a new M3LR or a M3P...no brainer!!