Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyer Beware - Carbon One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, here is some positive news -- John will create a new thread in the vendor forum where he posts his whole backlog including the items shown below. This will be added to a new thread on the forum tonight or tomorrow:

1) Name of customer or 'name withheld' if the customer doesn't want his/her name listed
2) Date paid for parts
3) Parts left to ship
4) Parts about to ship
5) Parts still left to produce

Finally he'll also include the number of Tesla clients whose orders have been completely filled. The list will be sorted by customers who ordered/paid first, and generally he'll try to keep production and deliveries in that order. I do know in Felix's case that John had been waiting for a part from another vendor which further delyed the order. Perhaps he can add "6) Notes" to mention things like that. Anyway, the list will be in a place on John's vendor thread where we can see it at anytime and check our status, he'll be updating it at least once per week. I think this is a very positive step and hope that it helps his business as well as restores a bit of confidence for people still waiting for their parts.

Last edited:
yes benji. you have been a guiding light for john and a soothing voice for us, all along. THANKS.

bonnie I was just being cheeky. But since I have subsequently canceled the extra little part for my sills maybe I will get mine before yours......?! ;-)

Thanks Bonnie, Felix, if it leads to John improving his business and of course getting us these overdue parts it certainly will be all worth it! I really like the work John does and I'm still sure that he is in this business to make quality parts and to make his customers happy... While he definately has failed in that respect on many counts so far, I still hope that he will be making carbon fiber panels for our cars way after Tesla has ended production. Felix, please get in touch next month when you are in Tokyo!

I sent John Perez (Carbon John) the front access covers and the rear wing from my Lotus Exige in September of 2010 to be reproduced in carbon fiber, to date I have not received the parts he's promised nor my original parts. I’ve filed a complaint with the FBI internet fraud and I will file a complaint with the Illinois attorney general fraud division as well.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL – HE MANUFACTURES EXCUESS NOT PARTS.

This is the post from the Lotus Talk forum:

02-23-2011, 09:02 AM #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Administrator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: Carbon 1 Industries is no longer a vendor here. He does not currently visit often or respond to thread anymore. There is still unresolved issues on the forum with regards to products that were ordered and not received. John has been removed as a vendor from all of our forums.