Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyer Beware - Carbon One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I came very close to ordering the door-sills but ending up deciding to wait. I really hope this is just temporary and that the people with pending orders get what they paid for.
I have been into cars for a good part of my life, and have seen this type of thing many, many times. The supplier/company spends the customers money, and while they may be sorry and have good intentions.......

CarbonOne Website is gone - I guess that speaks for itself.

carbononeindustries.com

Sorry, the site you requested has been disabled

The site may be gone but I'm still here :). I canceled the site a few weeks ago. I had it for about a year, never got around to finishing it, and right now I don't have the time to take a few dozen hours away from work to make a nice website. I have to start fresh and then when I take care of this backlog I'll put the site back up with the same URL and everything. The website will still be carbononeindustries.com. Just right now, I have to cut my expenses and since nobody got any use of the website, I can't afford to keep it. If facebook charged for the business accounts I'd close that too, but right now everybody can find me on facebook at Carbon One Industries. I'll also be making a page where people can post on the wall and whatnot. I don't think the facebook business accounts have the same user privileges as the personal ones.

Thank you for your input but please do know that I did update my current customers of the change of phone number when I switched carriers almost three months ago. I also did post up the new phone numbers on the forums.

As far as the website cancellation goes, stats showed that I had less than a dozen visits a week, so to make a post about the cancellation of the website to me, was not necessary. The website provided no useful information anyways since it was incomplete.

Again so everybody knows... My phone number is 630-544-7675. My email is [email protected]. Please email or call me with questions. I may not always answer, but if you leave a voice mail I will do my best to get back to you with in one day.

Tonight / tomorrow morning I will be making a list of all Tesla customers that are waiting for products and the products I owe them. I will include a ship date for each individual part and order. Once the item(s) for a customer goes out I will update the forums so everyone can follow the progress. Until most of this backlog is eliminated I will not be taking any new orders.

Once I get permission from each customer to post up their name or user name with their order, I will post the information along with the expected shipping date. I will put each individual customer on the list as they grant me permission so that way we don't have to wait for the list.

I am aware that most of these orders are overdue, and I will be working hard to complete them all. I know the great things that can come once the great members of TMC see that orders are being shipped, and I also know the terrible things that can happen if I don't deliver.

Again I will update everybody as soon as I can with the information needed to follow the progress, so please stay tuned for that.

John

P.S.. I will post this information in the sub forums under Carbon One Industries and keep the thread open for as long as I am apart of these forums. From now on when a customer places an order, with his or her permission I will update that thread so that way everybody who wants to know what is going on weather it be that they are interested in ordering, or just want to know, just to know, they will be able t view it publicly.

The updates can be found under the, "Upgrade Parts & Accessories" section of the forums. Just click on, "Carbon One Industries".

my permission to list my: doorsills (mat finish) / instrument hood (mat finish) / gear selector tunnel (mat finish) / rear diffuser (glossy) (2.5 roadster) / tail light bezels (glossy)

and GOOD LUCK with your new found vigour and restructuring. good work. hope this works out for all of us and especially for YOU!

UPDATE: My orders payed for on 18 of February and 10 of march

Last edited:
Hi John, feel free to post details on my order as well. Here is how it looks now:

1) Delivered: door sills, door pulls, gauge bezel, rear wing (all nicely done).
2) Done, waiting to ship: side air intakes (to ship with hood).
3) In progress: hood (currently fitting and putting on final touches, see attached pics below), side air vents
4) Left to go: Nav bezel, center console, tail light bezels

I'm very happy with what has arrived so far and hope that things keep improving. Hopefully the backlog will get worked down enough that people feel better about placing new orders.

hood1.jpg
hood2.jpg

Also adding my order date: I paid May 16th for the sills, door pulls, and tail lights.

When tallying up what needs to be done, please include when ordered. I believe some parts have been shipped to other customers that were ordered after I paid.

Also adding my order date: I paid May 16th for the sills, door pulls, and tail lights.

When tallying up what needs to be done, please include when ordered. I believe some parts have been shipped to other customers that were ordered after I paid.

Yes, we need to know this information!

Bonnie don't feel bad, my check was sent February 8th and cleared my bank on the 15th. Check was the only option I was given, was told credit card could not be taken. I believe it was May that I was promised pictures of my almost competed order. Pictures never showed up and there obviously was no nearly completed order intended for me.

Yes, we need to know this information!

Bonnie don't feel bad, my check was sent February 8th and cleared my bank on the 15th. Check was the only option I was given, was told credit card could not be taken. I believe it was May that I was promised pictures of my almost competed order. Pictures never showed up and there obviously was no nearly completed order intended for me.

I learned this lesson when ordering the Foundry bracket (which was finally delivered, even after my money was refunded 8 months later which was a nice gesture). Only use your credit card and find out what your window of time is to dispute a charge. If someone says they can't deliver within that window (and it's not a major reseller you trust like Amazon.com, Apple....etc), then ask for a refund. If they won't grant that refund, call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Once that window has closed, you're out of luck.