TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Buyer is asking for second opinion, can anyone help? ABQ, NM

Discussion in 'Model S' started by musashi867, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. musashi867

musashi867 Member

I am trying to sell my tesla and I have a buyer who is interested but is hoping to have another tesla owner check out my car and give their opinion on it since he is unable to fly out here. I have tried to get an official PPI but i am not able to find a shop that knows enough about tesla's to give a more detailed PPI. If anyone is in the area and wouldnt mind checking out the car, I would be happy to pay for your time. Or if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

Thanks!

2. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

What is the buyer looking to verify? There are companies that you can pay to look the car over, and verify any questions you might have. Check out WeGoLook. I think ebay lists them as a company to use for verification.

3. Nick B

Nick B Member

Also be careful a lot of frauds happen this way.

• Like x 1
  4. whitex

whitex Active Member

How about taking it to a Tesla Service Center for an inspection (or pay for annual service maybe)?

• Like x 1
  5. electracity

electracity Active Member

Settle on the price, and then have the buyer pay for an inspection or an annual service visit. But I'll bet he will not do it. A serious long distance buyer doesn't have the seller verify the car. A Lookie Loo will have all kinds of ideas of how the seller can spend his time and money.

A properly priced and marketed car will sell.

• Like x 5
  6. BrettS

BrettS Member

Yeah, I've got to admit that something seems fishy. I can understand how a distant buyer might want a third party to check out the car, but not one picked by the seller. What's to stop the seller from asking his friend to vouch for a car that he knows has problems? If the buyer really wants someone to check out the car then the buyer needs to pick that person or company and do it on his dime.

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

It's also possible the buyer is an idiot.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. whitex

whitex Active Member

Yea, but I wouldn't gamble tens of thousands on that possibility. As mentioned earlier in the thread, make the sale contingent on SC inspection. You can have the buyer put a small deposit down or even pay the SC directly, with the stipulation that if inspection fails, the seller will refund the deposit or cost of inspection.

9. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

That must be the last Tesla buyer on earth. There will be no more, and no future sales anywhere. No wait, that could not be. Maybe, maybe just maybe there will be another along soon. (That's Tesla soon, so it could be tomorrow or next month.)

10. tpham07

tpham07 Member

give me $100 and ill type up a one paragraph document saying i looked at the car and its awesome.

• Funny x 4
  11. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

I think the closest Service Center to Albuquerque is Denver or Phoenix -- around 400 miles each way

12. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

I agree with the other posts -- this dance only makes sense if the buyer picks the test.

13. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Give me a sunshade and I will do the same...

14. tomsla

tomsla Member

I am the potential buyer, and I intend to buy contingent on successful inspection from Tesla. However, Tesla service wasn't available (attempting to re-work that now, or delay until they are available if necessary), and I don't have time to fly out there this week just to look at it. So we were trying to get experienced eyes on it... I appreciate the constructive answers. But I'm also surprised that about half of the answers seem as classy as what you'd get a Civic and Integra forum! Wow.

• Like x 1
  15. Naeblis

Naeblis Member

with all the trolls on the internet they cannot be blamed for being cynical. the fact that you posted here adds a bunch of credibility.

what i would do, and i am not sure if this is possible. do a conference call with Tesla and have them run / disclose a remote diag on the vehicle. the only things i could think of would not be covered would e alignment, and condition (paint, seats etc) . any tire shop can take care of the 1st and pics the second.

16. Footer

Footer Member

Actually, I would feel pretty good about a long time member of this forum checking out the car. If you don't get any responses to this post you can check out the Mountain/Southwest regional forum. You can also Google Albuquerque with site:teslamotorsclub.com and you will find threads with local members that might be able to help out. Send them a PM.

Albuquerque

I think a lot of members would be happy to help out. Good luck.

17. demundus

demundus Member

It's just a strange request. "have someone come look at it who knows teslas, but you can choose who it is"...

Anyway, a good approach might be to contact the service center who has done the work on that car since its purchase, with the owner on the phone to verify, and release the service records. everything else is subjective via pictures/video/facetime/skype. it either does or doesnt have a scratch etc. Max charge at 100%? Max charge at 90%? VIN verify the features with Tesla (navi? premium pkg?). There just isn't THAT much to Tesla ownership that isn't "keeping the car clean" and not doing dumb *sugar* with the battery :)

18. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

#18 Akikiki, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    • Helpful x 1
  19. tomsla

tomsla Member

We actually got the Tesla Ranger to come out today and he checked everything out himself, and I talked to him. Worked out great and I'm proceeding. Thanks for the information and pleasant responses.

• Like x 2
  20. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

Congrats on the soon-to-be-yours Tesla!