TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[BUYER] Tesla battery modules

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by RuiP, Aug 26, 2018.

1. RuiP

RuiP Member

Hi,

I'm looking to buy 2 Tesla battery modules

- Probably from Europe in order to minimize shipping costs (to Portugal),
    - In perfect working order,
    - With some sort of history from the donor car (would really like to avoid stolen items)
    - Preferably 444 cell 5.3kWh modules. Can also check out other modules, except for the 90 battery pack chemistry

2. EkBuZ

EkBuZ Member

What is different in the 90 kwh pack that you don't want it? I've been looking at getting a couple modules as well, but have only seen modules from 60 and 85 packs, so didn't know what changed with the 90 and 100's.

3. RuiP

RuiP Member

Because my modules are going to be heavy cycled, and after noticing several reports like this one, I just want to play it safe on the degradation side.
    The reports are mainly with the 90's and early 75 packs. Not the 60 (not software limited), 70 (not software limited), 85 or 100.