Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a 2019 Model 3 with FSD and HW2.5, will Tesla charge to upgrade to HW3.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm buying a 2019 Model 3 with FSD and HW2.5. The current owner hasn't done the upgrade and doesn't have time to upgrade to HW3.0. Has other folks bought a used Tesla from private party with HW2.5 and upgraded to HW3.0? How much did Tesla charge? Thank you.

IF (HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGG "IF") It:

1. Actually has FSD purchased and not a FSD subscription, or
2. Actually has FSD and not EAP

THEN, yes, they would. With that being said, I wouldnt trust any "I didnt have time to do this" quotes myself. You would need to verify 100% FSD is not a subscription, that the owner of the vehicle is the first purchaser (who bought it from tesla directly) and see the order when they bought FSD (either on the MVPA or the upgrade list as purchased).

IF (HUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGG "IF") It:

1. Actually has FSD purchased and not a FSD subscription, or
2. Actually has FSD and not EAP

THEN, yes, they would. With that being said, I wouldnt trust any "I didnt have time to do this" quotes myself. You would need to verify 100% FSD is not a subscription, that the owner of the vehicle is the first purchaser (who bought it from tesla directly) and see the order when they bought FSD (either on the MVPA or the upgrade list as purchased).
Thank you. The seller said he is the first owner and they bought FSD at the time of purchase. I’ll ask them to provide the MVPA.

tesla changed the appointment to the SC and pushed out the appointment. The estimate came in at 0 cost.
CA39E388-5D64-4FCA-8110-DA2D33CC8D41.png

Reactions: Originalando