TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Buying a CPO

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by cardoe, Feb 13, 2017.

1. cardoe

cardoe Member

So I finally decided to make the jump to a CPO S85. I've picked out the car I believe I'll want and I reached out to the nearest Tesla store from me on Friday. Its worth noting that I live about 2 hours from this store so I'm hoping to do everything over the internet/phone. I also expressed interest in the possibly of a demo/loaner/AP1.0 car that would be comparable in price since I found a few on EV-CPO. I was told that I needed to speak to person X and they'd call me right back. Saturday rolled around and I called back and was told that person X is busy but the person on the phone would check for me when they'd reach out to me and would get back to me. Received that callback to tell me that in fact person X says I need to speak to person Y about the CPO and person X would call me right back about the inventory cars. So I called person Y and left a voicemail as well as sent them an email. Sunday rolled around and I called back for person X again and was told they were busy and would get back to me. 8 hours later they called me back and told me that person Y would really be the best to help me with both an inventory car or a CPO. Monday rolled around and at lunch time I've called and left a message for person Y again.

What am I doing wrong here? Is it really best to go to a store in person?

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

If you look up the CPO on the internet and you are sure about it, just make a deposit online and you are done with it.

If you are not sure of what you see online and didn't make a deposit, then sure, it may take time to get someone to work with you.

Otherwise, if you don't mind traveling 2 hours, sure you can interface a human in the store.

3. Fiver

Fiver Member

Yea, if you see the car you want, just put a deposit down.

4. cardoe

cardoe Member

Well I finally got a call back and was told that person Y has been unresponsive for a few days. They told me they'd get another region to reach out to me and within an hour I got the callback and put down a deposit. So now I'll be a member of the Tesla family. Thanks all.

• Like x 1
  5. j2cc

j2cc Member

Excellent news...congrats !

6. Tam

Tam Active Member

Great persistence, patience and jumping-through-hoops to get what you want!

Congratulations!!

7. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

From the time you put down your deposit, how long did it take to get your car?

8. Ness

Ness Member

Currently 3-10 weeks depending on location of the car, status of the car and how busy your local SC is right now.