Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Jack

hbv2020

May 18, 2019
I have 19" wheels and could not find a jack/wheel kit. I bought a wheel and tire and am now looking for a jack. I have the pucks, which have a very smooth surface. Most of the scissor jacks seem to have a metal surface that would engage the puck. Any suggestions to help the not slip off the jack? Also what sized socket will I need for the lug nuts?

notAnExpert

Aug 11, 2018
Palo Alto, CA
Page 155 of the Model 3 Owner's Manual has the wheel specs, including lug nut size and torque info you are looking for.
I remember seeing some extensive threads on jack recommendations here at TMC. I can't remember the thread titles off the top of my head, but do a quick search and I'm sure you will find it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC