Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Model 3 on Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very good question.

Was a big decision for me, but if it snows bad my job puts me in a hotel or work from home, plus I have a Jeep at the house I could use if I had to go in because at the point schools would be closed and wife wouldn't be using it. Yeah 4K not a lot over the term of a loan but I just felt it wasn't needed after doing some research and reading.

Was a big decision for me, but if it snows bad my job puts me in a hotel or work from home, plus I have a Jeep at the house I could use if I had to go in because at the point schools would be closed and wife wouldn't be using it. Yeah 4K not a lot over the term of a loan but I just felt it wasn't needed after doing some research and reading.
May have trouble selling it after you’re done with the car. Either way, good luck to you.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Good afternoon all,

I am going to be putting my $2,500 deposit down on a model 3 on Friday. Looking forward to delivery in about a month.

I am doing this in person as I am going to be getting the RWD with the Long Range Battery. (not offered online anymore)

I am going to be driving to work now instead of mass transit so going to be putting on about 25K miles a year. Any tips on this would be great. I am also going to be able to charge my model 3 at the parking garage where my car will be kept.

Looking forward to reading a lot on this forum and figuring the ins and outs of my model 3!

Andrew
Congrats, you’ll love it. The NOMAD Qi Charger is great if you have a compatible phone.

Read your owners manual...you can google it and find it online. We tend to concentrate on what it can do but it’s just as important to know limitations. Folks lock their kids in or end up under trucks not understanding/ignoring OEM recommendations.

Congrats. You’ll love the car. We put 35K on our LR last year with zero problems.
In the winter I charge to 80% at night and bump it up to 90% right before I leave.
In the summer, it’s 70% at night, then 80% in the morning. Our rated range has increased
From 308 when new, to 316. We now have 39k miles on the original tires, and they are good
For another 5k. There are Plenty of supercharger and destination chargers in most areas, but if you are more remote,
Download the PlugShare app. There are thousands of charging locations all over the US.

We have the Tesla wall connector, The adapters live in the front trunk so I’ll never forget them on a trip. Love the easy functionality of the connector and the capacity to charge at 48a. Big expense for me because we needed a new breaker panel, but was worth it.

Reactions: P85_DA
Please let us know what they say.

no problem on the LR RWD order placed and put my deposit down today. As the sales lady mentioned it is an off-menu ask but no problem completing my order.

Attachments

• tesla_build.JPG
    tesla_build.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 56
  • Informative
Reactions: Mike1080i