TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Buying a Model X has cost me more than I thought

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Merrill, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

We have had the Model X for almost 2 months and I have fallen in love. It is actually my wife's car and I find that I do not want to drive my 3 year old Model S, never thought that would happen. So now I'm struggling with weather to keep it or buy a new Model S with all the stuff the Model X has. My thinking is to wait til next year and see what battery is offered and then make the switch. Thus the cost me more title.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. ithinkmac

ithinkmac Member

No kidding.... I reserved a Model 3. End up ordering a X in July. Was not planning on a X. Was going to get another EV (currently lease a Leaf), to cover me till the Model 3s arrive next year. Just looking at all the current non-Tesla EVs, none appealing, althought I think the Fiat 500e is good, but might as well just put the money toward a Tesla. Since we're getting the 3. No point getting another sedan. Ordered the X. Now maybe that'll help us move up the line a little bit for the 3.

-ThinkMac-