TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Buying a Showroom floor Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Club206, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Club206

Club206 Member

Was in a store the other day that had a Model 3 showroom floor Silver LR. Asked about the availability and they said it was about to become a test drive model. I asked if I could purchase and they said absolutely. Any thoughts on buying a showroom model? I know there are issues with the emergency door handles not being used too much and then the wear and tear of being on a showroom for a while. Just looking for a few great opinions.

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

I assume they will offer you an attractive discount and that you will be the first registered owner so you'll be eligible for the Federal tax credit?

3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I'd say just check for scratches in the trim and make sure the charge port door works. I know people play with that a lot in the showrooms.

You might also want to see the condition of the exterior paint in the light as well. People may or may not have rubbed against it with belts, purses, etc.

I was in a test drive model 3 here in Indy and a previous passenger left chocolate in the backseat... (luckily it was actually chocolate)

• Funny x 3
  4. Scrutmonkey

Scrutmonkey Member

When I was picking up my 3 in march, my Brother in law was asking about the show room models. They switch them out every quarter-ish and they will replace the parts that normally get used excessively for the demo-ing. Like the charge port door/motor.

I wouldn't have any qualms about buying one as Tesla will repair/replace anything. but as JeffK mentioned, the superficial stuff will be the main concern for scratches and mars on the upholstery and interior.

• Like x 1
  5. BobAbooey

BobAbooey Member

I’d go for it.... anything wrong with it will be under warranty.

6. cab

cab Member

One big advantage I see is that you get to actually see and possibly test drive the very car you will be buying - no chance you will experience the "rescheduled delivery" or have a car show up with a bunch of issues - what you see is what you get.

• Like x 1
  7. Club206

Club206 Member

It’s the old Silver too. Light color. I love that color.

• Like x 1