Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Showroom floor Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was in a store the other day that had a Model 3 showroom floor Silver LR. Asked about the availability and they said it was about to become a test drive model. I asked if I could purchase and they said absolutely. Any thoughts on buying a showroom model? I know there are issues with the emergency door handles not being used too much and then the wear and tear of being on a showroom for a while. Just looking for a few great opinions.

I'd say just check for scratches in the trim and make sure the charge port door works. I know people play with that a lot in the showrooms.

You might also want to see the condition of the exterior paint in the light as well. People may or may not have rubbed against it with belts, purses, etc.

I was in a test drive model 3 here in Indy and a previous passenger left chocolate in the backseat... (luckily it was actually chocolate)

When I was picking up my 3 in march, my Brother in law was asking about the show room models. They switch them out every quarter-ish and they will replace the parts that normally get used excessively for the demo-ing. Like the charge port door/motor.

I wouldn't have any qualms about buying one as Tesla will repair/replace anything. but as JeffK mentioned, the superficial stuff will be the main concern for scratches and mars on the upholstery and interior.

Reactions: davedavedave