Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Tesla S in Greece

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings from Greece.
I am interested in a future purchase of a Tesla S car.I am looking at the used ones on Ebay or even wrecked/Crashed ones available on erepairables.com.
By saying wrecked I do not mean almost destroyed or anything.I mean buying a new bumper, side panel windshield and so on.Not huge damage.Unfortunately there is no distributor or Service center in Greece so any replacement parts (Bumpers and so on) will be replaced at a normal car repair shop.
I am curious of any problems that might occur such as Tesla not reactivating the car for example.Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

You will generally have many problems. Primarily, Tesla will not sell parts to non-authorized repair facilities (this may be different in Europe). In any case there will not be a warranty if Tesla determines that a vehicle is salvaged and will disable over the air updates and supercharging. The following threads discuss this as far as the US is concerned. Again, there may be different laws in Europe and Tesla may have to play nicely:

Need some help figuring out my salvage model S
San Diego Man's $58,000 Nightmare with a (Salvage Title) Tesla ...
My P85 Salvage Story - Help!

I was thinking of buying OEM parts from Ebay.Anyway, I guess I can get a company to pick it up from the seller to a Tesla service center to check it out and then ship it right?
In the US, Tesla charges about $1200 to inspect a salvage car. They then will have you bring the car up to specs (repaired at an authorized repair center), after which they will then service the car. The car will still not have a warranty. When the car is brought to Tesla for an inspection, the car's VIN will be put into their database (if it's not already there) and marked as a salvage vehicle. So the process of getting a salvage car inspected my cause the car to not be software updatable any more, if you elect to not have the recommended repairs done.

If you decide to do the repairs by using parts off of eBay, make sure the damage is cosmetic, because any problems with the drivetrain or battery will require Tesla for repairs. It's best to buy a used car or a damaged car that has a normal non-salvage title. I would also recommend getting a Europe spec'd car since there are planned Superchargers for Greece in 2016.