Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Is there any downside to buying a test drive vehicle with 2,000 miles?
2) test drive vehicle built 9/17 after the Tow package standard (7/17), but doesnt have it. How hard is it to convince OA that it should be included.
3) between ultra white and cream seats, which one is better with kids?
4) Gen 1 vs Gen 2 adaptor a big deal?
5) All weather mats from tesla vs weather tech?

• Disagree
Reactions: Sonic_78
@quicksilver99,
1) I wouldn’t be concerned with a 2k Teala demo vehicle as far as mechanics of vehicle but I would want to look it over before taking delivery if possible. I realize that may not be possible if vehicle is at a Tesla store that is not near you. That being said, I would go ahead and purchase but be prepared to do a thorough once over and document anything that needs to be fixed at time of delivery and something in writing from Teala guaranteeing they will correct what needs repaired.

2) I have a June ‘17 build that had tow package as standard and I just find out last week when getting ready to hook up to trailer that nothing was installed. Long story short, Tesla is taking care of it by installing the parts at service center. However, parts on on backorder so I would go ahead and ask Tesla to get ball rolling with ordering parts as many MX owners are just now becoming aware of not having this hardware on vehicle that should so I suspect there to be a large number of MX owners requesting the order.

3). My wife and I both own MX w/ ultra white interior and we have 2 boys age 2 and 6 when we took possession. We have but over 40k miles on our 2 MX’s and the white interior looks flawless when cleaned. I say “when cleaned” bc the white will show dirt and marks easily but it does wipe off. The white interior looks really good when clean! Neither my wife or myself have any regrets on interior choice.

Lbkmxp100d,

thanks for the advice. My kids will mess things up the first day...did you get seat protectors for both the bottom of the seat and back? If so, Which brand?

Will bring the model X delivery checklist plus ask for Gen1 adapter, if not already in the car. I just found out the car was completed in September. Was wondering if it had HW2.5 since it was around that time when they started putting that into the cars. DS said that I had the new hardware. In regards to the tow package, the DS said they would include the tow package in the "due bill" and that I could go to any Tesla service center to install. I am trying to convince them to install it before I take delivery...any leverage that you can think of to get them to install? Also, since this was a september build, I am assuming it doesnt have the perforated seats...its the ultra white seat premium package?

@quicksilver99,
1) I wouldn’t be concerned with a 2k Teala demo vehicle as far as mechanics of vehicle but I would want to look it over before taking delivery if possible. I realize that may not be possible if vehicle is at a Tesla store that is not near you. That being said, I would go ahead and purchase but be prepared to do a thorough once over and document anything that needs to be fixed at time of delivery and something in writing from Teala guaranteeing they will correct what needs repaired.

2) I have a June ‘17 build that had tow package as standard and I just find out last week when getting ready to hook up to trailer that nothing was installed. Long story short, Tesla is taking care of it by installing the parts at service center. However, parts on on backorder so I would go ahead and ask Tesla to get ball rolling with ordering parts as many MX owners are just now becoming aware of not having this hardware on vehicle that should so I suspect there to be a large number of MX owners requesting the order.

3). My wife and I both own MX w/ ultra white interior and we have 2 boys age 2 and 6 when we took possession. We have but over 40k miles on our 2 MX’s and the white interior looks flawless when cleaned. I say “when cleaned” bc the white will show dirt and marks easily but it does wipe off. The white interior looks really good when clean! Neither my wife or myself have any regrets on interior choice.
Off topic but I took delivery June 21st 2017, and I don't have any tow. Should I fight for it?

I think it was an upgrade while I was ordering though

I bought similar inventory model x. They would not include the tow.had to pay around 1300.

The gen 1 adapter is the one to have -charges faster. The gen 2 is good for backup as it's cheaper. I leave the gen 1 adapter plugged in in my garage. I bought a gen 2 to carry on the car for the rare times I go somewhere and have to use it.