Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a used AP1 Model X... is this a bad idea?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who have purchased used, how do you go about asking Tesla for repair records?
After you place the order (give them $100), they will provide the CarFax. But mine was completely empty, no service records or anything, just a sale date. Sales will not (can not?) provide any more info.

After purchasing, I asked my service center to give me a list of any needed maintenance items. Supposed to pick it up this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.

Picked up my AP 1.0 2016 Model X over the weekend. Pickup was painless, but the fact that you can't test drive the car prior to purchasing is a bummer. The car I got was in great condition and the photos were pretty much spot on, however the leather seats did have more wear than I anticipated. Also the AC does not work and the front creaks when steering... I guess this will all be sorted out at the service center but it is a little annoying since it does say that the cars go through a 120 point inspection.

Anybody have any ideas for the AC? I rebooted the MCU from security as well as both scroll wheel buttons but no dice.

After you place the order (give them $100), they will provide the CarFax. But mine was completely empty, no service records or anything, just a sale date. Sales will not (can not?) provide any more info.

After purchasing, I asked my service center to give me a list of any needed maintenance items. Supposed to pick it up this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.
Were you able to get service records or maintenance list?