Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a used Tesla from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies if this has been asked. Please let me know the link, if it has. When ordering a used Tesla from Tesla themselves, is there anyway to know the condition of the car? The rendered photos are just that, rendered. How am I to know if there is a small scratch on the door, a small rip in the seat, or a ding on the hood that is lower than the threshold they set?

Unfortunately they do not post those photos on their web site. If the car is local you might be able to convince them to let you drive down and look at it. But if it is out of the area you can’t do much about it. If you purchase the car but then show up and find the condition unacceptable you can reject the car. It’s not terribly convenient but that’s about all you can do. I personally would not buy a used car from Tesla unless it was local and I could look at it first, but many people do and in general it seems to work out OK for them.

Apologies if this has been asked. Please let me know the link, if it has. When ordering a used Tesla from Tesla themselves, is there anyway to know the condition of the car? The rendered photos are just that, rendered. How am I to know if there is a small scratch on the door, a small rip in the seat, or a ding on the hood that is lower than the threshold they set?
Don’t do it.

Bought my 2016 MS from Tesla back in May. In addition to the rendered pictures, they included pictures of damaged areas. The driver seat bolster was worn, and there was a slight dent on the hood. I thought the price was great, especially with the additional 4 year warranty.

Now there's no way that I would buy used from Tesla. No actual pictures and 1 year warranty.

Cost $200 at paintless dent repair shop to fix hood.