Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a used X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ive been wanting a Tesla for a while. Took the model S for a spin but wasn’t as comfortable as I’d hoped. I’ve got an ankle injury that makes my right leg pivot outward and an edge of the dash was hitting my leg. The model x worked out. Tesla didn’t have any CPO P100D so I looked around and found a 2017 with all upgraded options and exactly how I would have built the car myself if I had ordered. Sticker was $168.5K. It has 10K miles, clean service record, and pretty flawless except for some curb rash on one of the rims that the seller is paying to have repaired. Asking price is $120K. There isn’t much to go on for value for these vehicles, especially for the higher end models. Anyone have any insights as to if this is a good deal?

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
My 0.02 - In last March, a lot of X P100DL loaded (max option) were being thrown away to the market for $130k by Tesla. $7k5 credit available for these cars as they were demo/loaner with less than 10k miles on it.

Tesla doesn’t discount new cars, so it wouldn’t be possible to get a new $168k car for $120k from Tesla no matter the circumstance.

Plenty of demo/loaner/testers were sold at that price, they were never titled, all sold as new cars with price adjustment. You can call it a discount, adjustment or whatever, bottom line they were sold at that price range with miles on them

Reactions: r0xx0r
Tesla doesn’t discount new cars, so it wouldn’t be possible to get a new $168k car for $120k from Tesla no matter the circumstance.
Wrong. This one 9k miles, excellent condition. No rash, no scratch, interior looks new.
454AA059-31BE-4A8D-8FC1-8D6A514DFDCA.jpeg

contact a Tesla sales person and tell them you are waiting for showroom adjustment vehicles. he will send you periodic updates. the biggest discounts come near the end of the year as Tesla clears old inventory and the units accumulate showroom wear.

...yah that is an old one show me something recent ..six seats don’t go for 3k

You won’t have a one month old demo car with huge adjustment if you don’t try to find it seriously. Many people are looking for that.

contact a Tesla sales person and tell them you are waiting for showroom adjustment vehicles. he will send you periodic updates. the biggest discounts come near the end of the year as Tesla clears old inventory and the units accumulate showroom wear.

Yup. Have an OA finds the car for you.

This one was gone like a flash.
C4CBF68A-A817-4881-A86E-CCA2F7FE290C.jpeg

Yah like I said show me recent one ..I just got one I know OAs and nothing remotely comes close P100D that the OP has an opportunity to buy used
I think from now on, these deals are rare because Tesla uses Enterprise as their loaner cars. So I think they only have demos. The next wave will be at the end of June. Not now.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I pulled the trigger. This P100D was fully optioned, had AP2, and had the automation option pre-paid. It was $168.5k when the original owner got it in October 2017. I got it for $120k with him delivering it to me and a brand new charger. I’ll be wrapping it in satin black and doing some cool little upgrades so I’ll be sure to post about it. Here’s the car and the sticker.

Attachments

• 5E4D5E85-7CEE-4061-AC11-473099C7DBB4.jpeg
    5E4D5E85-7CEE-4061-AC11-473099C7DBB4.jpeg
    565.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DC91D7B7-7A9F-4BBD-B08A-AAEE8D9A7266.jpeg
    DC91D7B7-7A9F-4BBD-B08A-AAEE8D9A7266.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 79