Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

buying advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so in the past months I took delivery of my Model S 90D and now have the tesla bug, have always liked the roadster from afar but have stuck with my 911.... now that I have the electric bug i'm thinking about selling the 911 and finding a roadster, been doing some reading on the forum but didn't know if anyone could point me to a good resource as far as identifying the differences year to year and a sort of buying guide...

I guess the name of the game is to get the newest one I can find, right? Hear a lot about roadster 3.0... that ever get released as an upgrade and has anyone gotten it?

thanks!!

There are a couple of threads that cover this one being Differences in roadster versions

The Roadster 3.0 is a bit different in that is is only the new 340 mile battery that can be put in any model.

They started with the 1.5 which are US only cars and the first 500. With the 2.0 you get several improvements such as a large KW meter on the dash rather and a redesigned PEM that was cheaper for Tesla but not quite as rugged as the original. So while they were trying to make the car cheaper in some way they made it better in other ways. And I have a 1.5 I actually just listed today if you are serious. At about 500 from NJ it could be possible for you to see it. 5 years ago I drove onto Connecticut to pick it up. Roadster #255 for Sale Twilight Blue

And below is a picture where I won the 1/4 mile, autocross and best in show by the public voting at the initial EVCCON (Electric Vehicle Conversion Convention) because they thought Roadster was more of a converted Lotus. Which in a way was true.

Attachments

• Tesla_Awards_27.JPG
    Tesla_Awards_27.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 50