Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Black? Better Get It Before The Price Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still considering buying but the black or £££ thing was bothering me. I don't mind the look of black cars but I hate owning them since they are impossible to keep looking clean. They are the worst with stone chips as well and Teslas paint is not the best supposedly.
Now white is free I think I would just go for that.
White is the cheapest paint to make so was always surprised that that was not the free colour. the cynic in me assumed it was because most Teslas are sold in California and other hot places and no one wants black cars where it is hot so are forced to upgrade.
would not be happy though if I had just paid £1400 for white though all be it not the same white. Not sure the 2nd hand market would appreciate the difference

would not be happy though if I had just paid £1400 for white though all be it not the same white. Not sure the 2nd hand market would appreciate the difference

Agreed. I wouldn't pay £1400 for the pearl white if there was a free solid white option. I had my pearl white MX parked next to a friend's solid white Citroen yesterday and you could barely tell the difference.

I am still considering buying but the black or £££ thing was bothering me. I don't mind the look of black cars but I hate owning them since they are impossible to keep looking clean. They are the worst with stone chips as well and Teslas paint is not the best supposedly.
Now white is free I think I would just go for that.
White is the cheapest paint to make so was always surprised that that was not the free colour. the cynic in me assumed it was because most Teslas are sold in California and other hot places and no one wants black cars where it is hot so are forced to upgrade.
It's not the cheapest, it's metallic and multi-coat, whereas the black is not metallic and is flat.
Black is the cheapest, hence it was default.
The new white will be flat and the £950 Black will likely be Obsidian Metallic

Reactions: -DB-
Any word from any sources on when we might see free solid white , holding up my order!

Don’t want to buy pearl white at 1.4k as will be devalued by solid white . Might go for blue and change to white if white becomes available...

Any word from any sources on when we might see free solid white , holding up my order!

Don’t want to buy pearl white at 1.4k as will be devalued by solid white . Might go for blue and change to white if white becomes available...

Just order black and change to the white when its available, delaying your order is only likely to put you at the back of the queue