Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Buying CHAdeMO to Tesla Adapters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Motors Club community.

Our facilities have a number of CHAdeMO-equipped DC chargers that we use to quick-charge Tesla vehicles via adapters. These chargers are available to our private fleet and the traveling public.

Tesla has removed the CHAdeMO adapters from the store and we did not purchase spares in advance. We are looking to purchase additional adapters now to ensure we can continue to make use of the chargers we purchased. Fingers crossed that the CCS adapter will arrive soon...

Please PM me if you have a CHAdeMO to Tesla adapter, new or used, that you would be willing to sell and support the traveling Tesla community. We have been paying on average $750 + shipping per unit and will extend this offer until we've purchased a sufficient quantity.

We are NOT purchasing these units for resale purposes.

Regards,

David

• Love
Reactions: KJD and ElectricIAC
Hello Tesla Motors Club community.

Our facilities have a number of CHAdeMO-equipped DC chargers that we use to quick-charge Tesla vehicles via adapters. These chargers are available to our private fleet and the traveling public.

Tesla has removed the CHAdeMO adapters from the store and we did not purchase spares in advance. We are looking to purchase additional adapters now to ensure we can continue to make use of the chargers we purchased. Fingers crossed that the CCS adapter will arrive soon...

Please PM me if you have a CHAdeMO to Tesla adapter, new or used, that you would be willing to sell and support the traveling Tesla community. We have been paying on average $750 + shipping per unit and will extend this offer until we've purchased a sufficient quantity.

We are NOT purchasing these units for resale purposes.

Regards,

David
Apparently available direct from Tesla(new) now...

Thank you Sophias Dad,

I appreciate your input. Please note that the site you referenced if the AU site, meaning Australia, http://shop.tesla.com/en_au/product/chademo-adapter. The product is still available on the Korea site also. I was similarly directed to a non-US Tesla Shop when I tried to google search for the adapter. I had then attempted to order the product from a non-US Tesla Shop. My order was subsequently canceled without explanation a few days later and my IP address was subsequently blocked/banned from the Tesla Shop section of all Tesla websites...

As a result, I'm drawing the conclusion that Tesla intends to still offer the adapter, but wants to put tighter controls on use and availability of adapters for third party charging equipment in the US market where they have higher Supercharger capacity and locations.

Offer stands on the CHAdeMO adapters.

Cheers!

Thank you Sophias Dad,

I appreciate your input. Please note that the site you referenced if the AU site, meaning Australia, http://shop.tesla.com/en_au/product/chademo-adapter. The product is still available on the Korea site also. I was similarly directed to a non-US Tesla Shop when I tried to google search for the adapter. I had then attempted to order the product from a non-US Tesla Shop. My order was subsequently canceled without explanation a few days later and my IP address was subsequently blocked/banned from the Tesla Shop section of all Tesla websites...

As a result, I'm drawing the conclusion that Tesla intends to still offer the adapter, but wants to put tighter controls on use and availability of adapters for third party charging equipment in the US market where they have higher Supercharger capacity and locations.

Offer stands on the CHAdeMO adapters.

Cheers!
There's an 'australia' TMC forum that might be able to help you out, in case you didn't know. How many of these adapters do you want?

There's an 'australia' TMC forum that might be able to help you out, in case you didn't know. How many of these adapters do you want?...
Australia probably cannot directly help. Like Europe, Australian Models S & X use the Type 2 ("Mennekes") charging port and Model 3 (Y n/a in Australia?) uses the CCS Combo 2 charging port. These ports require that the CHAdeMO adapters sold there have Type 2 plugs that are not directly compatible with North American cars.

Besides Canada, the USA, and maybe Mexico(?), the only other countries that I believe use(d) the Tesla Proprietary Connector standard are/were South Korea, Japan (where CHAdeMO originated), and Taiwan. Taiwan switched to the Type 2 standard and CHAdeMO adapters are no longer available on the Tesla Japan website.