Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying from Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, they delivered the car today. 🎉🥳👯‍♀️🎉🥳🎉

It was pretty easy. The let me look the car over before they left. Just a few minor issues that I have found so far. I have to 116 miles to report them. The car had 16 miles on it when I received it.

So, I will be busy doing just that over today and tomorrow.

The cars build month was 4/21 early part of April.

They issues are as follows:
  1. Driver door left front corner alignment is slightly off (Wider gap at top then bottom and door is recessed ever so slightly lower than the left front fender.
  2. Front passenger seat the right side of the seat support is compressed or missing resulting in loose fit of seat cover just in that area. Could be that it is still shaping but will have them take a look. This is the part that rests up against your rib cage to hold you in the seat.
  3. Rear right tire trim not flush with body panel.
  4. Rear hatch alignment Is tight on one side and wide on other side. It still closes and looks like they tried to adjust it before.
  5. Right front passenger door handle flush with body. Other door handles are perfect.
I already scheduled a service at my house so they can take a look for Friday. Based on the outcome of that visit I will then take it in for service. I assume the door/hatch and seat may require more work than the mobile service guy could resolve.

The paint looks great. Most of these things I maybe would have missed if it had not been for being sensitive to the issues due to the amplification of the Tesla Motor Club community. The front passenger seat being loose on one side I saw that right away.

No noises. My Gen 1 charger works with the Model Y. Hurray!!!!

Ride is firm but nice. Cabin is quiet. Awesome car even with above items.

If I find more things I will post them. So, far very pleased.
I thought I would update this thread on my progress. Today I was supposed to have service at my house but the Service Center wanted me to bring the car in so they could address my concerns. I dropped it off at 10:30 AM and received it back at 4 PM. All my issues have been resolved. They even went as far as adjusting my doors for easier closing. Which my daughter really liked.

Just as a reminder the issues were as follows and they all have been resolved:
  1. Driver door left front corner alignment is slightly off (Wider gap at top then bottom and door is recessed ever so slightly lower than the left front fender. - This has been resolved!!!
  2. Front passenger seat the right side of the seat support is compressed or missing resulting in loose fit of seat cover just in that area. Could be that it is still shaping but will have them take a look. This is the part that rests up against your rib cage to hold you in the seat. - This has been resolved!!!
  3. Rear right tire trim not flush with body panel. - This has been resolved!!!
  4. Rear hatch alignment Is tight on one side and wide on other side. It still closes and looks like they tried to adjust it before. - This has been resolved!!!
  5. Right front passenger door handle flush with body. Other door handles are perfect. - This has been resolved!!!
  6. Second Row middle seat back lower left corner was loose. - This has been resolved!!!
The car is now in a condition that I would consider done and acceptable.

It is very important that you spend some quality time with the car prior to that first 100 miles being ticked off and for anything you have found open ad service request listing the issues. Tesla will address them. Even go above and beyond at least that is what the Tesla Carlsbad Service Center did for me.
🎉 🥳 🎉 🥳 🎉 🥳

I am sure if I find anything else the will assist me in resolving the issue. Today also marks my first 100 miles on the car up to this point all my driving was spent identifying things that I felt the could adjust or just plan needed fixing (Item #6 is perfect example)

I got my car today. Flagged a bunch of things I thought were issues while at the SC. The technician came back and showed me that none of those were issues. There were a few minor paint buffs to do and that was it! Pictures to come
Then you had a better experience and that the fit and finish is spot on your car! That is awesome!!!!! Enjoy your new car!!!!!! 🎉 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Reactions: LionCheeser
I thought I would update this thread on my progress. Today I was supposed to have service at my house but the Service Center wanted me to bring the car in so they could address my concerns. I dropped it off at 10:30 AM and received it back at 4 PM. All my issues have been resolved. They even went as far as adjusting my doors for easier closing. Which my daughter really liked.

Just as a reminder the issues were as follows and they all have been resolved:
  1. Driver door left front corner alignment is slightly off (Wider gap at top then bottom and door is recessed ever so slightly lower than the left front fender. - This has been resolved!!!
  2. Front passenger seat the right side of the seat support is compressed or missing resulting in loose fit of seat cover just in that area. Could be that it is still shaping but will have them take a look. This is the part that rests up against your rib cage to hold you in the seat. - This has been resolved!!!
  3. Rear right tire trim not flush with body panel. - This has been resolved!!!
  4. Rear hatch alignment Is tight on one side and wide on other side. It still closes and looks like they tried to adjust it before. - This has been resolved!!!
  5. Right front passenger door handle flush with body. Other door handles are perfect. - This has been resolved!!!
  6. Second Row middle seat back lower left corner was loose. - This has been resolved!!!
The car is now in a condition that I would consider done and acceptable.

It is very important that you spend some quality time with the car prior to that first 100 miles being ticked off and for anything you have found open ad service request listing the issues. Tesla will address them. Even go above and beyond at least that is what the Tesla Carlsbad Service Center did for me.
🎉 🥳 🎉 🥳 🎉 🥳

I am sure if I find anything else the will assist me in resolving the issue. Today also marks my first 100 miles on the car up to this point all my driving was spent identifying things that I felt the could adjust or just plan needed fixing (Item #6 is perfect example)
What exactly is the 100 miles suppose to cover that the normal warranty/service appointments wouldn't outside of it? I accepted my MY and didn't spend a whole lot of time eyeing it over but picked it up with a couple friends and neither of us really noticed anything of concern. Only downside is I blew past the 100 miles on our weekend trip(for my birthday).

What exactly is the 100 miles suppose to cover that the normal warranty/service appointments wouldn't outside of it? I accepted my MY and didn't spend a whole lot of time eyeing it over but picked it up with a couple friends and neither of us really noticed anything of concern. Only downside is I blew past the 100 miles on our weekend trip(for my birthday).
the 100 miles are the "freebie" time/distance that Tesla gives you to find any issues you may not have seen during delivery. I blew past them this week too!

I suspect that if something important comes up later, warranty will cover it anyway

the 100 miles are the "freebie" time/distance that Tesla gives you to find any issues you may not have seen during delivery. I blew past them this week too!

I suspect that if something important comes up later, warranty will cover it anyway
Warranty will cover it anyway. You are correct. The 100 miles is a chance to point out items that you want documented as being found during or shortly after delivery. Tesla from what I have seen is very good about addressing issues. At least I have experienced that so far.

Reactions: LionCheeser