Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying inventory MX75D with VIN: 358XX - any issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has ~450 mile and ~$1k discount. The reason I am considering is because it has ultra white seat. I have ordered multi-pattern and would like to switch to the white seat but it is too late to make the change.

My concern is the car seems to be at the lot for a few months by just looking at the VIN (358XX). It seems like it was produced early this year (Jan or Feb). Obviously, it won't have the matte back on the seats, new FWD switch or etc. Any other quality related issues? Thanks

It has ~450 mile and ~$1k discount. The reason I am considering is because it has ultra white seat. I have ordered multi-pattern and would like to switch to the white seat but it is too late to make the change.

My concern is the car seems to be at the lot for a few months by just looking at the VIN (358XX). It seems like it was produced early this year (Jan or Feb). Obviously, it won't have the matte back on the seats, new FWD switch or etc. Any other quality related issues? Thanks

I had a Sept build AP1 X75D and had zero quality issues. My Dec build AP2 S60D had more issues. It can be rather inconsistent.

I'm assuming this is the car? Model X 75D 5YJXCBE22HF035809 | Tesla

It looks to be very well optioned at a good price. I say pull the trigger if you're considering it. These things aren't like gas cars, there's no fuel or oil to go stale.

Remember to use a referral code as well!

I had a Sept build AP1 X75D and had zero quality issues. My Dec build AP2 S60D had more issues. It can be rather inconsistent.

It looks to be very well optioned at a good price. I say pull the trigger if you're considering it. These things aren't like gas cars, there's no fuel or oil to go stale.

Yinn, did you get ultra white seat or black leather? I am worried about the quality of them that was why I ordered multi-pattern as it is going to be a family car and two 6-year old kids.

Yinn, did you get ultra white seat or black leather? I am worried about the quality of them that was why I ordered multi-pattern as it is going to be a family car and two 6-year old kids.

I got black leather, and it's holding up well against cherrios, juice, and misc sticky stuff. When I bought my AP2 X, I considered ultra white and did a lot of research. They're supposed to hold up well, even better than real leather according to Elon.

A lot of people are going to disagree with me here, but my personal preference was towards the real leather.

The white seats to me were softer/more comfortable, but they just felt really odd to me. They felt like a kids foam ball in some areas and almost plastic like in others. They look gorgeous though.

If it's too late to switch your custom order car from multi pattern seats to white seats, are you sure they will let you change your custom order over to this inventory vehicle?

To me, that seems to be the only reason anyone would want this inventory vehicle compared to placing a new custom order. The price saving compared to a new order are basically non existent, and you're getting a car with some miles on it.

It was actually a November 2016 production. The white seats have already shown some wrinkles. The rear bumper has a minor scratche too... I think I am going to pass

Attachments

• IMG_3204.JPG
    IMG_3204.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3206.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3207.JPG
    IMG_3207.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 66