Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Model S from Vroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a Model S through Vroom and wanted to see what other's experience was like buying from them. Did anyone have Tesla perform a pre-inspection before buying? My only concern is that the car is not under Tesla's Extended Service Agreement. Any thoughts on Vroom's warranty plans?

Also, were you able to negotiate on price any or were they firm?

Never dealt with them myself but there are a lot of threads on them if you search. Owners seem to have had great experiences selling to them but mixed experiences buying. Case in point: Beware of good deals on Vroom.com . I would imagine their vroomcare warranty would be a lot more of a nuisance to deal with than working directly with Tesla.

Which car of theirs are you looking at? I ask because we own a similar car to their 2014 blue S85. We were thinking about selling it in the next few months and it will still have ~40 months and 40k miles of CPO warranty remaining on it. Somewhat off-topic plug but I thought I'd put that out there.

Never dealt with them myself but there are a lot of threads on them if you search. Owners seem to have had great experiences selling to them but mixed experiences buying. Case in point: Beware of good deals on Vroom.com . I would imagine their vroomcare warranty would be a lot more of a nuisance to deal with than working directly with Tesla.

Which car of theirs are you looking at? I ask because we own a similar car to their 2014 blue S85. We were thinking about selling it in the next few months and it will still have ~40 months and 40k miles of CPO warranty remaining on it. Somewhat off-topic plug but I thought I'd put that out there.
Thanks, I was looking at the 2013 white P85. I prefer to buy from a private seller to get a warranty like yours but running out of time waiting and this is the model/options I'm looking for so jumped on it.

I found a Model S through Vroom and wanted to see what other's experience was like buying from them. Did anyone have Tesla perform a pre-inspection before buying? My only concern is that the car is not under Tesla's Extended Service Agreement. Any thoughts on Vroom's warranty plans?

Also, were you able to negotiate on price any or were they firm?

how did your experience go?