Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Model X, Need some Advice please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can afford it, more range is always better. Keep in mind that charging time will be faster at Supercharger stops with the 100D, since you will probably not be charging to 100% to make your next destination. The last 10% of the battery charges very s l o w l y.

Hey guys thanks so much for your input. Much appreciated. After a lot of thinking we went with the MX75D, We chose the 75 pack mainly because we realized we won’t be driving long distances much and couldn’t justify spending nearly 200,000 kroner.

We secured the offer and we got unlimited super charging for life time so we will super charge when we travel long distances.

Today for the first time we test drove the X and immediately fell in love with it. I felt like being in a spaceship. Interior was nice and everything was solid.

I took all the options and price came to 818,000 Kr.

Delivery in May.

Now that’s the hardest part. Waiting

Reactions: IdaX
Hey guys thanks so much for your input. Much appreciated. After a lot of thinking we went with the MX75D, We chose the 75 pack mainly because we realized we won’t be driving long distances much and couldn’t justify spending nearly 200,000 kroner.

We secured the offer and we got unlimited super charging for life time so we will super charge when we travel long distances.

Today for the first time we test drove the X and immediately fell in love with it. I felt like being in a spaceship. Interior was nice and everything was solid.

I took all the options and price came to 818,000 Kr.

Delivery in May.

Now that’s the hardest part. Waiting

Congrats! Whenever the 100 vs 75 debate comes up, people are often very quick to recommend 100 even though it's a very expensive option and you may well never need the extra range. As long as you did your due diligence on what range you actually need in the worst winter conditions, then it makes perfect sense to choose the smallest battery that will comfortably do that job. Range anxiety is one thing, but carrying around hundreds of kilos of very expensive battery for no good reason is even worse!

Enjoy!

Reactions: nogassnorlax
Congrats! Whenever the 100 vs 75 debate comes up, people are often very quick to recommend 100 even though it's a very expensive option and you may well never need the extra range. As long as you did your due diligence on what range you actually need in the worst winter conditions, then it makes perfect sense to choose the smallest battery that will comfortably do that job. Range anxiety is one thing, but carrying around hundreds of kilos of very expensive battery for no good reason is even worse!

Enjoy!

In order to address my range concerns, Tesla gave me a Model X 75D to keep for one day. I charged it fully and drove around (Its proper winter here in Norway now) and I had about 300Km real-world range, (With 5 passengers, heating and some luggage) so I was very happy with the outcome.

Reactions: Peteski
F26B46C2-FAF0-46A7-A4BC-3C4980A75DBB.jpeg
Guys, so I took delivery of my Model X.

I have to say this is the best car I ever owned. Build quality is acceptable but not amazing. Some issues with the door panels but overall great car and drives like a dream.

I want to say thank you for your advice

Can't wait to drive to Denmark

I wrote a bit about this here. It probably answers many of your questions. If you don't need the extra height in car, the MS eliminates many of the inefficiencies of the MX being so big as far as range goes. It's hard to decide how big of an issue fit and finish is. I haven't had any issues. There are others that probably have issues, but don't notice them. There are those that notice issues I'd have never noticed. So... at the end of the day, I say... don't worry about it, Tesla will fix whatever problems you have with the car.

Reactions: P85_DA