Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Models S that has 60K mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering a pre-owned (clean title & no accident) 2013 Model S - 60 that already has 60K mileage.

I am wondering what are the consideration I should be considered in terms of maintenance and such for buying high mileage car? Or should I consider to pay for 4K more for like 30K less mileage or 85 but also same 60K mileage but 3K more.

Thanks in advance!

I am considering a pre-owned (clean title & no accident) 2013 Model S - 60 that already has 60K mileage.

I am wondering what are the consideration I should be considered in terms of maintenance and such for buying high mileage car? Or should I consider to pay for 4K more for like 30K less mileage or 85 but also same 60K mileage but 3K more.

Thanks in advance!

Price should be very compelling for that car if you compare it to the market.

Remember that original 60 is not upgradeable to 75.

Has it had all its maintenance done? Every 12,500 miles or was it once a year?

Welcome @boolean. Mileage on an EV isn't directly comparable to Mileage on an ICE. The car with 30K still has some warranty in effect so that would be the big difference to me. As for 60 kWh vs 85 kWh...that really depends on your use case. As you are in California, cold won't effect your range, and there's lots of SuperChargers well placed, so the difference in range shouldn't be a big deal. Were you in a location that's cold with fewer SuperChargers then the 60 vs 85 difference becomes more important.

The logical conclusion: $4K more for 30K less mileage and warranty still in effect makes the most sense to me. 85kWh for $3K more...not so much.

My 2013 S85 has 53k miles and I have no concerns bc I have a bumper to bumper CPO warranty until 96k miles! To me it all depends on warranty - I'd rather have a CPO with higher miles and more warranty left than a vehicle I can't extend the warranty for with less miles remaining on existing warranty that I can't extend

Welcome @boolean. Mileage on an EV isn't directly comparable to Mileage on an ICE. The car with 30K still has some warranty in effect so that would be the big difference to me. As for 60 kWh vs 85 kWh...that really depends on your use case. As you are in California, cold won't effect your range, and there's lots of SuperChargers well placed, so the difference in range shouldn't be a big deal. Were you in a location that's cold with fewer SuperChargers then the 60 vs 85 difference becomes more important.

The logical conclusion: $4K more for 30K less mileage and warranty still in effect makes the most sense to me. 85kWh for $3K more...not so much.

This is off-base IMHO. All CPO's come with warranty.

Car is not CPO. Those cars are around 43-45K range and original warranty is almost expired in couple of months. They claimed to done the service regularly. There is a CPO around 51K, so extra 6K for CPO that comes with warranty. We really like Tesla over Mercedes B

Thanks in advance!
I would buy a brand new 60 with no or few options. You get $7,500 tax rebate, $2,500 state tax credit, AP 20... Not to mention 50k mile warranty with the option to get 100k miles warranty, better acceleration, more range, faster charging time, fewer headaches, much much higher resale value.

The list goes on. I think with AP 20 out I would need a really good deal on a used S60 2013 car.