Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Nema adapter online or instore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the NEMA 14-50 plug adapter online, received it within 2 weeks. Sometimes the Tesla power plug adapters, Wall Connector and Wired Mobile Connector are out of stock. In that case you can enter your email and the Tesla Store will send you an email when the item is in stock. Best bet; figure out what your needs are and order at least a month in advance of when you expect to receive your Tesla vehicle. This is good advice for ordering any Tesla or 3rd part accessories.

Agree about ordering online. Certain mobile connector adapters go out of stock (eg 5-20) so I’d order them now so you’ll have them when the car arrives.

They provide free ground shipping via FedEx and I got mine within a week (Boston).

Lastly, I don’t think any of the SCs sell these parts...

I bought two at two different times and they both arrived quickly. But if they haven’t to be out of stock and you can’t wait the weeks for restock then you might have to go elsewhere.

I do notice that when they go out of stock online there is a lot listed on eBay for much more money right after. Someone obviously buys in bulk and resales on eBay; and people buy them.