Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying new Tesla help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone
Im in California, i wanted to order the 2021 Model 3 on tesla.com. Can you anyone tell me what is the $7800 potential saving?? And how to qualifly?
Do i have to pay any other fees other than tax, documents and transportation fees?

There is a $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward. It is automatically discounted from your order as long as you order from California and car is registered in California.

upload_2021-2-16_1-39-20.png

Then there is a $2000 California Clean Vehicle Project Rebate. You can apply here and get pre-approved before you buy the car. Money allocated for the program tends to run out toward the end of the year. Just scroll down to Tesla Model 3 and click "Apply Now."

CVRP Eligible Vehicles

Then Tesla says you have $4300-$6400 in potential gas savings over six years of ownership.

Ya the "potential savings" is a theoretical total cost of ownership calculation. It is NOT a cost savings up front that you can qualify for, and will vary for each person depending on number of miles, what the mpg of the ICE car is that they had previously, etc. IMO they should not put that on there in that manner, it's sneaky.

There is a $1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward. It is automatically discounted from your order as long as you order from California and car is registered in California.

View attachment 637186

Then there is a $2000 California Clean Vehicle Project Rebate. You can apply here and get pre-approved before you buy the car. Money allocated for the program tends to run out toward the end of the year. Just scroll down to Tesla Model 3 and click "Apply Now."

CVRP Eligible Vehicles

Then Tesla says you have $4300-$6400 in potential gas savings over six years of ownership.

I will be getting the automatic $1,500, but it's too bad that the Tesla Models S and X are no longer on the list for a rebate. They are just as "clean" as any of the cars on the list. And not all S and X owners are millionaires. I'm certainly not. I've saved for a long time to be able to afford an X. Just glad I am still able to get the HOV stickers.