Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying reservation on Ebay, anybody has done that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they are basically selling you the email address they made the reservation on, and you just change the profile name at configuration?

WHat are your assurances that it will work from the seller?

I have to do my research but I bet with buying through Ebay and Paypal you could file a claim / refund if they don't deliver as promised.. I ask screenshots to make sure they at least have the reservation but could take the pic from online..

How much are you willing to pay for this?

The cheapest Buy it now I've found are at 1.4k cost (or 2.4k when it includes the 1k deposit). I'm looking for 1k cost to pull the trigger..

I'm now waiting to buy a reservation when it comes to 1k premium (+1k for their actual deposit). So far nothing..
And also want to see if they add any new interior options comes April 1st.
It's not like Supercharger April 30th deadline applies here, and cars get better every week..

I find it funny most of the eBay listings are for a certain price, but then when you view the listing it says something like "auction does not include $1,000 deposit paid to Tesla already. This will be due in addition to the closing auction price."

Dumb way of listing if you ask me.

Find one of the states that does not charge sales tax for private party car sales.

Find a Model S for ~$40-45k any shape, registered with Tesla.

Register the Model S to you in Tesla.

Order your Model 3. Register it for delivery in your home state.

Sell the Model S to another reservationist for the same price.

Rinse and repeat?

Maybe in Portland yes :) That's funny!

I find it funny most of the eBay listings are for a certain price, but then when you view the listing it says something like "auction does not include $1,000 deposit paid to Tesla already. This will be due in addition to the closing auction price."

Dumb way of listing if you ask me.

Yeah I have to message half of them asking if it includes the 1k deposit or not.. if you "Buy it now" how do they expect to get their deposit money?

I'm not sure just a reservation has much value. There are literally thousands of Mar-May reservationists.
Until it converts to a Invite, Mar-May means little. There is probably another 'push' for reservation holders coming up after the quarterly report.